Sideshow Toys Premium Yvonne Batgirl?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Gryck

Sideshow Toys Premium Yvonne Batgirl?

Post by Gryck »

Hey there,

Im new to the board but been looking around for a while!
Just got notice that my Julie Newmar Side show Premium Format shipped yesterday...

I have the batman on preorder as well, but my biggest hope for the line is a Yvonne Craig Batgirl.. I think within the way they did the Julie this could be the best Yvonne piece yet if they made one... I know The Batman and Catwoman are 750 pieces each... Does anyone have any word or rumblings on if they may continue this set or possibly just end it with two? My fingers are crossed for a Robin and Batgirl.

Cheers.
rickkrefft

Re: Sideshow Toys Premium Yvonne Batgirl?

Post by rickkrefft »

I would buy Robin instantly. Maybe Batgirl. Originally they said these two were all they planned. I guess if they sell out fast they might do a few more. I would guess Robin and Joker would be the next two if your going by popularity. I wouldn't buy Joker though without Penguin and Riddler. I couldn't resist Batman and Catwoman. Mine shipped too. I'll have her Monday. Hope Batman is shortly behind.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Welcome to our board, glad to have you!
Gryck

Post by Gryck »

Thanks Ben!

Between these and the Tweeterheads the wallet it taking a hit. But at least they are coming out with enough time to kinda save for them!

I think sideshow would do an amazing job in this line.. I have asked twice and they seem to be pretty tight lipped on it, All i got from one person on a Yvonne possibility was I hope so too.. But who knows!
moparco

Post by moparco »

I also ordered Batman and Catwoman. I live in the Neterlands so maybe have to wait a little longer then you guys in the States. can´t wait to meet them. Pictures on the web are promising!
16806652_10210597938443598_5958551278174553976_n.jpg
16996400_10210590683302224_4249689436179943326_n.jpg
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Her costume looks horrid to me. It's supposed to be glossy and sparkly. Did the designers even watch an episode? Buy these guys a viewmaster at least!
Music. BAT! Music.
Gryck

Post by Gryck »

I got mine, Her costume is a bit slouchy at the top of her legs but head sculpt is amazing!

I really hope they make a YVONNE. I will be the first in line for that one... Even if they left it at the three i would be happy but not really sure how they are selling..

Fingers crossed for a Yvonne
moparco

Post by moparco »

According to my wife it is not that strange to have some wrinkles in a suit like that. I don´t know if it is allowed but I attach a marvelous YouTube of the Julie Newmar Catwoman. https://youtu.be/KdQAazq3E44
And yes I do hope they make a Yvonne Batgirl!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

moparco wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:37 pm According to my wife it is not that strange to have some wrinkles in a suit like that. I don´t know if it is allowed but I attach a marvelous YouTube of the Julie Newmar Catwoman. https://youtu.be/KdQAazq3E44
And yes I do hope they make a Yvonne Batgirl!
Thanks for sharing the video, it's always interesting to see how the light behaves on fabrics like that in different mediums, ie stills vs video.
Gryck

Post by Gryck »

Heya!
I agree on the wrinkles as that is just natural. But mine is more excessive fabric bunched below her bent leg. the pant leg appears to be tailored too large.. It doesn't appear this way in the video above. mine is a lot more noticeable. Sideshow told me they all are kinda like this.
Earthdog

Post by Earthdog »

John Mack wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:25 am Her costume looks horrid to me. It's supposed to be glossy and sparkly. Did the designers even watch an episode? Buy these guys a viewmaster at least!
The prototype that Sideshow made had a glossy black suit but something happened and they had to switch to this.
1125x682_previewbanner_Catwoman-PF.jpg
Here's a pic from BurningRage on the Sideshow Freaks board. I think this suit actually looks better than the prototype in his photos.
DSC_0004.JPG
Gryck

Post by Gryck »

yeah. I love mine. I do like the old fabric but the new is great. just wish it was a bit more stretch. There is a bit of extra fabric drooping at the top of her inner legs. and the neckline doesn't cover her shoulder so i can see where you lay her headpiece into the neck. But i do love her. Cant wait for the batman. I must say they really are special and may be my fav. out of all the collectables.. (for the price they better be) haha.

I WANT A BATGIRL!!! lol