Post Here Whenever You're Watching Batman

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

The Boss

Re: Post Here Whenever You're Watching Batman

Post by The Boss »

Watching episode 23 and listening to the Joker's rap shortly before the death trap. Always love that moment.

I will probably watch my daily 12 episodes.
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

The Boss wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:50 pm
I will probably watch my daily 12 episodes.
Binge watching Batman?!!! I envy you.
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Progress Pigment wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:55 pm

Binge watching Batman?!!! I envy you.
I get on these kicks. :mrgreen: When I do, 120 episodes is never enough
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

I took a day off due to working late but I'm back watching. Now on episode 37.
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

The Boss wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:21 am I took a day off due to working late but I'm back watching. Now on episode 37.
If I'm counting right that would be "Hot Off The Griddle"
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

After a healthy dose of Abu Rabu Simbu Tu, watching Ma Parker take over the penitentiary and Egghead's egg-streamly well thought out plan to take over the lease of Gotham City via Chief Screaming Chicken I decided to take a break from the live action series and watch a couple of episodes of the 1977 Filmation animated series, "The New Episodes of Batman".

First up, my favorite episode, "A Sweet Joke on Gotham" featuring the series original villain Sweet Tooth. I've always felt that this character was a perfect fit in the Batman '66 world. If Warner ever does the right thing and produces a new animated Batman '66 TV series I would like to see Sweet Tooth return as well.

Next up is, "The Pest". I'm not a big fan of Lennie Weinrib's portrayal of the Joker but this is one of my favorite Batmite episodes. lol
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Halfway through the series (so soon?). Starting Episode 61, "The Penguin's Nest".
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Watching what was supposed to be , "A Penny For Your Riddles"/"They're Worth A Lot More". (Sigh) I hate the Puzzler.
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

The Boss wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:07 pm Watching what was supposed to be , "A Penny For Your Riddles"/"They're Worth A Lot More". (Sigh) I hate the Puzzler.
I certainly dislike him. Worse, Maurice Evans was a dead ringer for another comics villain, 'The Toyman'!

Of course, by season 2 doing a character like that would have gone way beyond Dozier's budget. But it could have been fantastic. Instead of BORING. The Puzzler was the most boring villain of the series. There were worse villains, but these episodes were excruciating. Rocket O'Rourke???

Oh boy. Why was fake Howard Hughes so hard up? Without Terry Moore (who dated the REAL Howard Hughes back before electricity), she'd be the worst moll of the series. As it stands, I call it a tie.

The balloon death trap?

**snore** I'm awake! I'm awake! I mean the (Astin) Riddler's 'CAKE OF DEATH' was bad enough. But this? Let the Dynamic Duo go on a balloon ride in a stupid wicker basket for the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half of a two-parter like a couple of little old ladies sight seeing? Grandpa says, "This is stupid! Let's change the channel to Daniel Boone!" And we do. Everyone does. And the bat-craze is dead. Thanks Rocket O'Rourke!
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

I'm currently watching what is IMO one of the best episodes of the second season, "The Joker's Hard Time" (middle episode of a three parter in between "The Zodiac Crimes" and "The Penguin Declines"). Starting with watching get out of the meteor death trap and ending with one of the most gruesome death traps of all - Robin being eaten alive by a giant clam :!: would be enough to get this episode high marks. Add to that the fact that the Joker shows more of his comic book-esk evil murderous side (or at least as much as 1969s TV would allow) when he takes a knife to Venus' throat. :o

But, what I REALLY like about it is the counter trivia. Most trivia buffs claim that Burgess Meredith's Penguin was in more episodes than any other villains and thus was Batman's number one nemesis. This episode disproves that claim. When counting this trio of episodes, most forget that the Penguin was captured by the Dynamic Duo in the first episode and did not make his escape (hence was not seen again) until the third. Sense The Penguin was not in the middle episode, he and Cesar Romero's Joker were actually in the exact same amount of episodes of the series.

FURTHERMORE... if you go by adventures (regardless of how many episodes they consisted of) you will find that the Joker was used more often and thus committed more crime requiring Commisioner Gordon to call on the services of Batman more often making the Joker (appropriately) Batman's #1 rival.

Quite a bit packed into one little episode.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Progress Pigment wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:14 pm I certainly dislike him. Worse, Maurice Evans was a dead ringer for another comics villain, 'The Toyman'!

Of course, by season 2 doing a character like that would have gone way beyond Dozier's budget. But it could have been fantastic.
That would have been great! Good choice!
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Episode 100, "The Unkindest Tut of All".
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Starting the final disk.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Getting close to the end of the series :cry: but, at least tonight I start with one of my faves of the third season,"Nora Clavicle and the Ladies' Crime Club". Funny but, until last year I never thought much of this episode (nothing wrong with it you see it just never stood out IMO) but something happened last year that made me see the episode UN a whole new light and I love it!
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Well, I finished the series yesterday. It seems like it went by so fast even when I tried to slow down. (BTW is the Minerva episode as bad as I think or do I just have a distaste for it because it's the last episode?).

I still have a few Batman related films to go through such as the movie, Legends of the Superheroes, Return to the Batcave, the new adventures of Batman and ROTCC so I'll be watching for a bit longer (does the Green Hornet TV series count?) but it still saddens me when I watch the series and realise how brief of a run it had. It should have had three full years on ABC (no Batgirl) then two years on NBC (with Batgirl). IMO that would have been an appropriate run.