The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by AndyFish »

I think this is a great figure already-- and you've improved it 1000%.
Nice job.
I don't have the patience to sew-- if any of you come across a source for a suit let me know. I'll take the figure apart-- those demos are very helpful.
moparco

Post by moparco »

Larry A. wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:06 am WOW!!!!! You've done a MAGNIFICENT Job on it.

Cheers
Thanks Larry
moparco

Post by moparco »

AndyFish wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:23 am I think this is a great figure already-- and you've improved it 1000%.
Nice job.
I don't have the patience to sew-- if any of you come across a source for a suit let me know. I'll take the figure apart-- those demos are very helpful.
Thanks, and another tip: if you put the figure together again the easiast way to mount the lower and upper body is to loosen the screws on the pelvis because it´s a VERY thight fit.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

I didn't even realise that the Batmobile Bat-Phone/Bank had made it to European retailers as yet until I stumbled upon one in person in a Forbidden Planet store. Naturally, I had to have it!
Batmobile-Batphone-Board_Res.jpg
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

moparco wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:45 am Not bought recently but think Batfans allways like to see pictures of Bat merchandise.

The Neca quarter scale Batman with batsuit. The original showed ugly joints in belly and arms. It was quite difficult to take him apart but the result is a great improvement to an allready nice figure of Batman.
Second picture is the Mattel Batmobile ( polished to a nice shine) and the Hottoys dynamic duo and 3rd pic Tweeterhead Batman which is a very nice statue scored at the latest Comic Con in the Netherlands.
That s the same Batman with the ugly belly joint everyone complains about? OMG, WOW! That looks fantastic! I think you should start a thread on how you modified it.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Amen to that!!!!!

Cheers,
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

moparco wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:29 am
AndyFish wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:46 pm And where did you get the suit?
Hi Andy,
Made it myself. After several attempts it fitted nicely. Maybe not entirely the correct fabric but it was the closest I good get at the time.
For comparison the Original Neca with the strange joint at his stomach.
That's great work. I believe Wally Wingert had a costumer do that for his NECA figure when they first shipped. The thread is somewhere in the BatCrafts section. Having the figure in pieces really highlights the relative ease with which one may convert the figure into a "real action figure". That took a lot of courage to disassemble the joints - i would be afraid of breaking it. Thanks for sharing your Batastic work!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Szabol wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:13 pm
AndyFish wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:46 pm And where did you get the suit?
Hi Andy,
Made it myself. After several attempts it fitted nicely. Maybe not entirely the correct fabric but it was the closest I good get at the time.
That's great work. I believe Wally Wingert had a costumer do that for his NECA figure when they first shipped. The thread is somewhere in the BatCrafts section. Having the figure in pieces really highlights the relative ease with which one may convert the figure into a "real action figure". That took a lot of courage to disassemble the joints - i would be afraid of breaking it. Thanks for sharing your Batastic work!
I know Wally had Tony Mei do a suit upgrade for the Hot Toys Adam figure he purchased, but i'm spacing on whether I saw a suit upgrade he had done for the 1/4 Neca?
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Mattel Terrific Trio - Batman, Robin and Batgirl by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Look what I found yesterday at a "Toys R Us"!

Australia did have most of the regular Mattel "Batman '66" figures locally when they first came out but I had to buy my wall-walking Dynamic Duo, then Catwoman, and my single-boxed Batgirl by international mail order.

It was fun to see this boxed set on the regular shelves!
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Ben Bentley wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:27 pm

Hi Andy,
I know Wally had Tony Mei do a suit upgrade for the Hot Toys Adam figure he purchased, but i'm spacing on whether I saw a suit upgrade he had done for the 1/4 Neca?
Ben, here is the thread for the NECA upgrade
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2358&p=20616&hilit= ... lly#p20616
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Therin of Andor wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:41 pm Image

Australia did have most of the regular Mattel "Batman '66" figures locally when they first came out but I had to buy my wall-walking Dynamic Duo, then Catwoman, and my single-boxed Batgirl by international mail order.

I remember that feeling too. Suddenly I was 7 years old again!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Szabol wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:07 pm
Ben Bentley wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:27 pm

Ben, here is the thread for the NECA upgrade
Thanks Lou, I did mean to come back to this thread and tell you that I quickly found the NECA upgrade thread - but alas my bed beckoned.

I think i'd been looking at so much HT related stuff recently, I just couldn't put my finger on having seen the NECA modifications.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Therin of Andor wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:41 pm Image

I gave up on waiting for Toys R Us in England to finally get these in, they did eventually get the first version of the Mattel (6" scale) Batmobile, but it must have been well over 18mths since they started appearing on shelves domestically in the US.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Ah that was a fun thread-- I'm not as aghast at the waist joint as most, but man this makes for a killer figure that rivals the Hot Toys and possibly surpasses it because I like the cowl sculpt better.

If I can free up some time I might give this a try-- biggest trouble is going to be taking time off and not running to the beach.
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

I saw one of the Diamond Select Batphones today and for anyone considering mod-ing w/ lights, the plastic thickness would be receptive to this. I shined a small pocket flashlight through it and it was bright enough that a slightly higher powered light would surely do the job right. Handset appears to be hollow so if anyone is clever enough to bluetooth it or install some landline guts, the plastic seems like it would be easy to cut into.
Attachments
nov162443.jpg
nov162443.jpg (10.96 KiB) Viewed 31960 times
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66