Batgirl Batty Award replica

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
danbar

Batgirl Batty Award replica

Post by danbar »

I finally finished my replica of the Batty Award trophy. As you'll remember, the "First Annual Batty" was awarded to Batgirl for "best-dressed crime-fightress" in Gotham City. It took me quite awhile to track down all of the trophy components that I needed, including an exact match of the original prop's torch-bearing trophy-topper. She was originally a winged-goddess, so with much effort, I had to remove the wings from the metal topper. I could not find a trophy base that I was satisfied with, so I ended up making my own.

The base and the wings/cape are wood. Everything else is metal. It stands 16" tall, which I believe is the height of the original prop.

There was a lot of trial and error before coming to this final product. I have a completed proto-type ( although the scale is slightly smaller) that I will be listing on Ebay in the near future. I will add a link to the auction in the Merchandise section of this forum when I list it, if anyone is interested.

I have a few more Batgirl props in the works. In the meantime, I hope you like my trophy.
fab2__1494885426_108_55_77_98.jpg
Batty%20Award11a__1494885365_108_55_77_98.jpg
fab4__1494885541_108_55_77_98.jpg
fab5__1494885609_108_55_77_98.jpg
fab5__1494885609_108_55_77_98.jpg (14.45 KiB) Viewed 4539 times
rickrickrick

Re: Batgirl Batty Award replica

Post by rickrickrick »

This is something I'm also working on. Proportions look great. Base is terrific. I'm having a great deal of trouble sourcing an appropriate column.

Not to nitpick, but rather as an observation that might help, I'm pretty sure "BATTY" is also italic. And if you have any flexibility in the spacing, "First Annual" could be further away from "Batty" - it's a little close.

Thanks for sharing!

RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
Caped_Crusader

Post by Caped_Crusader »

This looks terrific! I have found the topper, only mine is plastic. She also has wings, but I think it'll be far less effort to remove the plastic wings with a Dremel. I'm on the hunt for the column! Thanks for the inspiration. Hmmm.... perhaps while I'm at it, I can make one for my buddy Catgreg?? :P
Meule

Post by Meule »

Fantastic job, I love it
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Kudos for the grand detective work!!!
Looks GREAT!!!
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
danbar

Post by danbar »

Here is an updated photo. I had the plate on the front of the trophy re-done again. The size and spacing of the letters is more accurate. I am now content with it.
batty__1498777414_108_55_65_226.jpg
Meule

Post by Meule »

Still one of the most unique prop replicas I've ever seen, fantastic
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
danbar

Post by danbar »

Meule wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:35 am Still one of the most unique prop replicas I've ever seen, fantastic
Meule - Thank you for your kind words. They are very encouraging. More Batgirl props in the works.