Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Boy Wonder

Re: Adam has died

Post by Boy Wonder »

Rest in Peace, Batman. :(
irishmiss

Post by irishmiss »

I will never ever forget Adam West. He was a very special person in my life. Since 1966 when I was 12 1/2 Batman came on TV and ever since then I have been a Bat Fan. Adam West will 4 Ever be my one my only Batman. Rest In Peace Caped Crusader. You will be greatly missed. I had hoped to have seen you just one more time but it wasn't to be. I just can't stop crying, my heart is broken in millions of pieces.

Your Dynamic Duo Fanatic 4-Ever,

Kathy
irishmiss
The Joker

Post by The Joker »

May Eternal Rest Grant Unto Him and May Perpetual Light Shine Upon Him.
May God Bless him and all his family.

Thank You, Mr. West, for all the joy, happiness, fun and adventure you provided my childhood and all the wonderful entertainment you continued to provide in my adult life.

The ONLY Batman for me EVER!!!!
The "Bright Knight's" legacy will go on FOREVER!!!!
NaNaNaNaNaNaNaNa.........BATMAN!!!!!!!!
jjkandlak

Post by jjkandlak »

RIP Caped Crusader!
John 3:16
batbelfry

Post by batbelfry »

Such sad news, I'm so disappointed.

Looking for a positive, it's so great that he was still with us these past few years that the show has enjoyed such a pop culture resurgence.

My condolences go out to his family, friends and loved ones, as well as the folks here on the board who felt like he was our friend as well.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Was out mowing the lawn, wife just came out and told me..just cried. Heartbroken to say the least. Just no words here. This really hits hard for me, as it does all of us here. This hurts! So glad I had the chance to see him.
K.G. Bird

Post by K.G. Bird »

The world just became a darker place. I am so glad I met him and that me and my son got a picture with him. I am a huge fan of tv/music from the 60"s. The problem is these celebrities are very old and many are passing away. My soon to be ex-wife was ridiculing my grief. She said I was ridiculous, he is a celebrity and he was 88. After bopping her with my batarang I decided to write this.

Someone mentioned earlier that Adam West as Batman was his moral compass. This was always one of the most important legacies of this show. I understand that it was meant to humorous, tongue-in-check, etc but the result was that we were strongly influenced by a character who had a singular awe-inspiring morality. Batman as played only by Adam West was the gold standard of virtue in a hero.

Adam himself was unique and charming. I guess at some point I will be grateful for all that he left us but for now I choose to grieve.
"Really Dick! I fear some recent romantic interlude has fevered your imagination. Aunt Harriet is..utterly..beyond..reproach".
K.G. Bird

Post by K.G. Bird »

The world just became a darker place. I am so glad I met him and that me and my son got a picture with him. I am a huge fan of tv/music from the 60"s. The problem is these celebrities are very old and many are passing away. My soon to be ex-wife was ridiculing my grief. She said I was ridiculous, he is a celebrity and he was 88. After bopping her with my batarang I decided to write this.

Someone mentioned earlier that Adam West as Batman was his moral compass. This was always one of the most important legacies of this show. I understand that it was meant to be humorous, tongue-in-check, etc but the result was that we were strongly influenced by a character who had a singular awe-inspiring morality. Batman as played only by Adam West was the gold standard of virtue in a hero.

Adam himself was unique and charming. I guess at some point I will be grateful for all that he left us but for now I choose to grieve.
"Really Dick! I fear some recent romantic interlude has fevered your imagination. Aunt Harriet is..utterly..beyond..reproach".
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

Sad news indeed. I am grateful that I had a chance to see him in person about a year or so ago, and also grateful that his legacy will live on. Thank you William West Anderson, a.k.a. Adam West, for being an inspiration and role model to me since I was six years old. Rest in peace old chum.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Words escape me at the moment. May the West family try and find peace at this most impossible time. I will find my voice in the days to come..... :(
Music. BAT! Music.
BAT CAVERN

Post by BAT CAVERN »

:(
greatlakes6

Post by greatlakes6 »

RIP CAPED CRUSADER!
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

Sad, sad day. Such a fun, talented man. And what a voice. I remember running on high school and flapping my jacket as if I was West in Bat-disguise. Or watching the reruns here in Spain as a kid in the early 90´s.

I had to do a small tribute to him: http://davidboceta.blogspot.com/2017/06 ... -adam.html
Bat Tom

Post by Bat Tom »

A sad day for all Batman fans. Thank you for all the great memories, you are still a hero to so many. I was glad that I was able to meet Adam several times at various shows. He was a legend who many of grew up with through Batman. Thankfully we still have Burt Ward and Julie Newmar still with us. You were and will always be Batman to me.
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

the show was my gateway drug to comics in the early 70s and Adam was the (Bat) Man. Very integral part of my life from childhood to this day.
To the Bat-Elephant!!