Question about the next animated '66 Bat movie

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

svl

Question about the next animated '66 Bat movie

Post by svl »

Was it in the can? Just wondering if this will be considered Adam's final "Bat" work...
ChAnOoD

Re: Question about the next animated '66 Bat movie

Post by ChAnOoD »

I think they already recorded their voices for the follow-up, but I´m sure Wally and other fellows here has more info about it.
BatmanFan102

Post by BatmanFan102 »

One can only hope so and if so, I have every confidence that it will be dedicated to Adam's memory...
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

According to Burt Ward he and Adam recorded their voices at the same time that they recorded for the first movie. William Shatner was recorded later but all was in the can before animation began.
WishItWas1984

Post by WishItWas1984 »

That's great to hear! I'm glad we get this as a final goodbye.

To be quite honest, I hope it sells well enough for a 3rd, and another actor who can pull off an Adam Batman is brought in. This style of Batman should keep going in honor of him and everyone who's already left us from the show. '66 Batman Forever
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

Good news, and well said.
Has the whole world gone batty!?!?
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

WishItWas1984 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:50 pm That's great to hear! I'm glad we get this as a final goodbye.
It is quite fitting that even after battling the arch villain Luke Emia and falling into the ultimate and inescapable death trap, Batman still manages to reach into his utility belt and pull out a can of "Keep Fighting Even After Death Bat Spray" and give us one more adventure.
To be quite honest, I hope it sells well enough for a 3rd, and another actor who can pull off an Adam Batman is brought in. This style of Batman should keep going in honor of him and everyone who's already left us from the show. '66 Batman Forever
I'm not sure how I feel about that. I would rather that it do well enough to convince DC to bring back the Batman '66 comics series. Then the 66 Batman could live on without simply replacing Adam but, would instead always make you think of Adam.

Of course, my ultimate dream would be for there to be other yet to be announced projects that were already in the works and had his voice recorded so that there would be even more Adam West Batman to come. Unfortunately Hollywood is very short sighted so that is an unlikely scenario.
WishItWas1984

Post by WishItWas1984 »

The Boss wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:42 am I'm not sure how I feel about that. I would rather that it do well enough to convince DC to bring back the Batman '66 comics series. Then the 66 Batman could live on without simply replacing Adam but, would instead always make you think of Adam.
I was thinking "in honor of" rather than "replacing", but I understand and respect your point. It would feel odd to me too, but they'd better give a credit. They should for everyone. Something like, "originally portrayed by ..."

I hope the comic comes back too. Maybe they shouldn't use '66 though, or '77 for WW either for that matter. Take some inspiration from Burt Ward's comments. "The Bright Knight" was perfect. Give these brighter, more kid-friendly versions of the heroes their own "universe" nomenclature of some kind.
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

My first thought when I heard of Adam's passing, was my hope that WB had taped Adam doing a few more segments of an animated series. For the past year, I thought get Adam in a wheelchair, tape him on a phone, but give him some Batman lines that could be used for a few more animated films or episodes, especially a Christmas episode.

Not sure if the series should be continued with Adam. Would it be disrespectful?

---jthree
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Jthree wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:18 pm Not sure if the series should be continued with Adam. Would it be disrespectful?
Adam's voice was probably one of the weakest links in "Return of the Caped Crusaders". Julie Newmar and Burt Ward sounded amazing after all these years. I am thrilled that his Batman lines for the subsequent Two-Face adventure have been recorded. But, if there are to be more sequels, that will depend on sales for the first two. How important would a third film be to viewers without the authentic Batman voice?

Happy to stop at two.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

WishItWas1984 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:17 pm I hope the comic comes back too.
Again, these things only happen if the sales are there. Someone posted the numbers; the latter issues aren't selling in sufficient numbers to ensure an ongoing series.

I need a replacement for my damaged "Wonder Woman" crossover #5 and my shop had to place a reorder, because their initial batch sold out unexpectedly, with very few for the shelves. So either they under-ordered, based on earlier sales, or Nightwing fans wanted that particular issue.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)