Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
ehlers5

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by ehlers5 »

Where did you find the Mr. Freeze chase? Thanks!!
Lars Limpet

Post by Lars Limpet »

My local retailer held one for me.
Lars Limpet

Post by Lars Limpet »

The chase Mr. Freeze is labelled as such. Also, with the exception of the characters names on the front, the cards are generic.
Attachments
IMG_6890.JPG
Lars Limpet

Post by Lars Limpet »

Apologies for less than stellar photos, but here are both Mr. Freeze figures. The photos don't do these justice.
Attachments
IMG_6890.JPG
IMG_6889.JPG
ehlers5

Post by ehlers5 »

Thanks for the info and photos!!
WishItWas1984

Post by WishItWas1984 »

Lars Limpet wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:59 am My local retailer held one for me.
How much did your local store charge? Everywhere online at a bare minimum is asking 4x a normal figure at $40.
Lars Limpet

Post by Lars Limpet »

WishItWas1984 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:59 pm
Lars Limpet wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:59 am My local retailer held one for me.
How much did your local store charge? Everywhere online at a bare minimum is asking 4x a normal figure at $40.
I paid $74.90 for all 7 figures ($10/each + 7% sales tax).

When I went to pick up the figures, 6 of them were in a sealed "case" (Batgirl, Batman, Bookworm, Catwoman, Mr. Freeze (v1.), and Mr. Freeze (v2.). King Tut had been taken from another "case." So, I'm guessing Tut is the figure being short-packed in favour of the variants. Here's the "case" which contained the variant Mr. Freeze:
Attachments
IMG_6923.JPG
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Does Catwoman come with a mask or no?
Lars Limpet

Post by Lars Limpet »

LizardKing wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:40 am Does Catwoman come with a mask or no?
She does not.
WishItWas1984

Post by WishItWas1984 »

Lars Limpet wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:38 pm
I paid $74.90 for all 7 figures ($10/each + 7% sales tax).

When I went to pick up the figures, 6 of them were in a sealed "case" (Batgirl, Batman, Bookworm, Catwoman, Mr. Freeze (v1.), and Mr. Freeze (v2.). King Tut had been taken from another "case." So, I'm guessing Tut is the figure being short-packed in favour of the variants. Here's the "case" which contained the variant Mr. Freeze:
Gah! Lucky SOB. That's a cool store you've got there. :)

It looks like that's how they are packing them, yeah. I'm guessing how many chase boxes you get depend on how many total you order for the store.

I've got them all pre-ordered w/ BBTS, but they have made no mention online how they are handling the chase figures. I emailed them about it too but never got a response. Just fired off another now to see what they say.

If a retail store wanted to be fair to their customers and provide that "thrill of the hunt" aspect of collectible shopping, they'd say you have a chance to receive the chase when ordering Mr. Freeze, rather than hoard them for profit.
Lars Limpet

Post by Lars Limpet »

When I asked the owner of my local shop if I could buy any remaining chase figures, the answer was a firm "No." I asked with the intention of getting a second to open and others to share with fans at retail price. Said owner of shop stated that the chase variants would be put on pegs alongside all the rest and politely asked that I not return to scour the stock for variants. As he'd kindly sold the first batch to me at his cost, I could only respect his wishes. That said, when my brother went in about an hour later, there weren't any placed alongside the standard lineup.

I was told that the screen test Batman variant ceased production early on in the manufacturing process and is even more scarce than the Wallach Mr. Freeze. From my contact (another Funko retailer): "There isn't a chase in production anymore, they cancelled it some made it out but my orders won't have them." Whether or not this is true remains to be seen. I looked on Fleabay and a Variant Batman sold less than 24 hours ago for $50.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Lars Limpet wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:47 pm I was told that the screen test Batman variant ceased production early on in the manufacturing process and is even more scarce than the Wallach Mr. Freeze. From my contact (another Funko retailer): "There isn't a chase in production anymore, they cancelled it some made it out but my orders won't have them." Whether or not this is true remains to be seen. I looked on Fleabay and a Variant Batman sold less than 24 hours ago for $50.
That's interesting if true, fingers crossed some of us here are lucky enough to happen on them on the peg.
Lars Limpet

Post by Lars Limpet »

Keep in mind that the Screen Test Batman "news" is only coming from 1 retailer. That, in my view, makes it a rumour. I'm hoping to land one, but if it comes with a hefty price tag I'll be content with what I have.
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

Lucky guys! Are these really available in the US? I´ve seen some USA stores saying that the figures will be available on this fall/winter, so I´m kinda lost when I read you have these now. I still have to find if there´s a way to catch these in Europe.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

That's a great retailer you have there, nice to see a break from greed.
His wholesale price is $4.99 per figure unless he doesn't have a Funko WS account. I know because I have the Wholesale catalog pricing right here. I toyed with the idea of opening an account solely to distribute these to fellow fans but the minimum order and the insistence of my ordering POP figures to go along with the Batman line caused me to sour to it.

They are showing up in retailers here in the US-- I just grabbed a Batgirl to go with my Batman and Robin and I still have pre-orders up at BBTS and EE. I'm hunting down a chase Batman chase figure but I'm not so desperate to get one that I'll pay scalpers prices (check back tomorrow when I've completely caved). ;)