Favorite Non-Batman Adam West Moment.

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

The Batker

Favorite Non-Batman Adam West Moment.

Post by The Batker »

I'm curious to see what other shows, clips, or media Adam was involved in that people are fans of that did not involve Batman.

Personally I loved his work on Goosebumps in the story Attack of The Mutant. He played the Galloping Gazelle. A superhero who felt washed up and was looking for retirement. He also voiced the character in the computer game. The role was very much an extension of the Batman character and was interesting to see.

Roles in Fairly Odd parents and Family Guy are a given as well. Any roles or movies you would recommend? I haven't seen much of his work before the Batman Series and I haven't seen a lot after Batman until the 90's.
Golddragon71

Re: Favorite Non-Batman Adam West Moment.

Post by Golddragon71 »

Adam West did a great turn on the New World Zorro TV series that aired on the Family Channel in the early 90s.

The Wizard
Adam West appears as peddler and inventor Dr. Wayne. The Alcalde hires Dr. Wayne to invent a way to trap Zorro
"Someone might be able to substitute for Batman, for a very short time, but no one could ever replace him!"
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

I liked his work with The Three Stooges as well as his Nestle Quick commercial.
batbelfry

Post by batbelfry »

You should definitely watch the "Lookwell" pilot.
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

His Outer Limits Episode is the first non 66 thing that comes to mind for me.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

He's good in "Robinson Crusoe on Mars" but (spoilers!)He doesn't last long.

Just saw him on "The Big Valley" again today and it's still a strong - albeit unsettling -- performance.

I was kind of hoping Me TV would include his "Emergency!" appearance in the marathon, but I guess it was too small a part. I swear I saw him on there as a kid but try as I might I can't ever catch the rerun. Over 40 years, now.

I remember seeing him in that (scary) Outer Limits episode as a youngster and my dad said, "Hey, it's Batman." But it was so different I had a hard time making the connection. Looking forward to seeing that again.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

I think MeTV is just using shows regularly on the Saturday schedule. Emergency isn't running regularly now so they probably couldn't show it.
Bill S.C.

Post by Bill S.C. »

I really enjoyed his performance as himself in an episode of Love American Style titled "Love and the Great Catch."

I also enjoyed his performance in the made for TV movie "Poor Devil" starring Sammy Davis Jr. and Jack Klugman.
"Oh soon we'll be out amid the cold world's strife. Soon we'll be sliding down the razor blade of life." - Tom Lehrer
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

I remember how excited I was when I first recognized him as the voice of Hercules of Filmation's SHAZAM!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

There's a lot to choose from, but the "Lookwell" pilot for me is "Pure West".
Mr.Freeze

Post by Mr.Freeze »

https://www.facebook.com/adamwest/photo ... =3&theater

LMAO...I'm still chuckling to that picture :lol: :lol: :P

Nurses , Burkes Law , Space Ghost , Zorro , MTV fea Gorshin....saw 'em all back then , would like to see them again some day :idea:

Doin' time on planet Earth was terrible imo...I watched it only cuz of him.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

ME-TV did show his Bonanza appearance where he plays the anti-Batman: a cold-blooded killer who tries to set Ben Cartwright up for a senseless murder. Naturally, he ultimately pays the price in the time-honored TV way: Struggling with Pernell Roberts (Adam Cartwright) before the gun goes off and he slumps to the ground. ;)
batbelfry

Post by batbelfry »

Even though it almost never gets mentioned, I remember getting a kick out of the show "Muscle" that Adam was a part of back when the WB network was launched. The storytelling was very much like "Soap" from the 70's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_(TV_series)