Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Chynna22

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by Chynna22 »

The whole chase/variant concept eludes me. I keep imagining some demented toy maker sitting in his toy factory going, "Now THIS will REALLY drive them crazy. I'll make a set of figures and create a special figure that only a few people can find. No! I'll create a special figure NO ONE can find! Why not do both?"

I think someone watched WILLIE WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY once too many times as a child. I always said that boat scene would screw somebody up.

"Oh I've got a golden ticket. . . and you don't!"

Sing along everyone!

I've got a Pilot Batman.
I've got an Eli Wallach.
I've got an action figure you don't have.
And with this action figure I can drive you mad.
Better Living Through Godzilla
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

PDpuck16 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:20 am Pretty cool SDCC 2017 Exclusive variant

http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view&al ... 0&sl=29167
That's a nice Batman. The colors almost match Filmation's 1968 animated color scheme for the costume.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Gadgeteer

Post by Gadgeteer »

Got the Batmobile for Fathers Day and I love it! I'm in for all the figures I can get, I'll live without the chase toys at this point, just hope they don't make anything super cool.
InfiniteHollywood

Post by InfiniteHollywood »

Had to join the forum just to talk about these figures.

These figures are AMAZING! I'll have full reviews up in a couple days, but I'm loving these figures right now. Excellent paint work, incredible detail at this scale.

The variant Batman is really cool. Not only does he have a different head sculpt and signal, but he's got a different color paint as well!

Scale among figures, great accessories.

And the scale of Bookworm's glasses... UNHEARD OF! WOW! Seriously, best glasses ever in this scale and honestly, some of the best glasses I've seen at ANY scale!

InfiniteHollywood

Had to join the forum just to talk about these figures.

These figures are AMAZING! I'll have full reviews up in a couple days, but I'm loving these figures right now. Excellent paint work, incredible detail at this scale.

The variant Batman is really cool. Not only does he have a different head sculpt and signal, but he's got a different color paint as well!

Scale among figures, great accessories.

And the scale of Bookworm's glasses... UNHEARD OF! WOW! Seriously, best glasses ever in this scale and honestly, some of the best glasses I've seen at ANY scale!

LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Excited to think about the series 2 and what figures that will have. Bat Boat be cool too.
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

Looking good! Can´t wait for the Batmobile and Bats and Robin to came home. I´ll need these figures as well! I hope they´ll keep doing more figures. It´d be nice to have an Egghead or even characters like Lesley Gore´s Pussycat (how cute that´d be?).
Mr.Freeze

Post by Mr.Freeze »

John Mack wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 12:28 am Very true Andy. To all. This may be backwards thinking to today's thoughts and perceptions, but in the 60's and 70's my father, who was born in 1920, hated me playing with GI Joes, Megos and the like. He didn't ban me from owning or playing with them, but he himself never purchased them for me and when it came time for him to get home from work, my mother would give the warning: "Your father is going to be home soon, so you better put those things away." I knew why, and away they went.

My wife was raised in a similar home but much more so. She was banned completely from owning or playing with GI Joes. She was only allowed to have Barbies. She aquired some Hot Wheels cars one time in school and brought them home. They mysteriously disappeared one day after a garage sale. There was also a first edition Corgi Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in with them. It too, was gone. My wife said she loved making traffic jams with the Hot Wheels cars and then have Chitty fly over them. Glad things have changed since then.
Is your dad named Red Foreman by any chance ;)

:lol: :)

(the dad from That 70s Show.....he didn't exactly like Erics SW collection , lol)
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Great pics-- its a fun line.
I'm in the boat of not loving the chase figure hunt-- I'd buy them direct from the site they offered them for twice normal price because of a lower production run but to pay 5x the retail? I just can't justify that. I'd prefer with a chase that they do something along the lines of buy a whole set and sent in a corner of the cards and then you can order a chase figure or something like that.

I can understand some collectors enjoying the hunt for these, if I had endless free time I'd go from store to store and site to site to try and find them reasonably priced.

On the flipside, this marketing doesn't sour me, if I don't get the chase figures life goes on.

Now with the SDCC colored Batmobile-- that's a little different, I'll pay 3x retail if I have to, but if I can get them at cost in multiples at the show I will and not to scalp, but to offer them here to those that want them at cost.

I hope the line is successful, I think no matter how this first wave sells we are likely to see wave 2 since they held out so many big characters for it-- Penguin, Joker, Riddler and... Robin maybe? Or we could get a wild card-- I know we'd all be psyched for a Minstrel complete with mandelin (ha!).

Funko loves their variants-- so Pink Cowl Batman is very likely which when one does the math would make a Mad Hatter seem imminent. I'm going to guess we'll find out more next month at SDCC.
InfiniteHollywood

I put up a review of the screen test Batman figure here: Chase Batman Figure Review
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

To this day I still have no idea who carries these besides comic shops and online sites. Amazon is the biggest site that shows them for sale. Be nice if Funko let us know if TRU, Wal-Mart, Target etc are carrying these.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Amazon has the car and figures $35 shipped, that's pretty cheap. They also have the Superman First Appearance figure for $13-- which is reasonable.

If you want to find retailers that carry these-- look at their other stock-- do they have POP figures? Do they have the Suicide Squad or the other Funko Action figures? If so, then they have a pretty good shot at carrying these.

Newbury Comics has them.
Toys R Us carried some of the other Funko figures so I'm betting you'll find them there too. I seriously doubt you're going to find Chase figures "in the wild", and if you add in the amount of time going from store to store and endlessly checking websites isn't the terrible scalper price a bit more reasonable? One of two things is going to happen on eBay-- either these chase figures are going to all of a sudden get more readily available and the prices will fall or they won't and you'll see the prices go up even more. Personally I'd bet on the former rather than the latter. Don't get me wrong, I hate scalpers too- but if you spend twenty hours trying to find one of these what is that worth to you?

I talked to my local comic shop (very big shop)-- they ordered some , but not a lot-- they aren't sure how these are going to do and think Funko may have made a mistake not going with the big villains in the first wave. I don't agree. You've got Catwoman and Batgirl which in other lines were deeper releases while Bookworm and King Tut might be peg warmers among "average" fans I think it was kind of cool that we got the line we did.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

An update for those in Europe, here's the email I just got from my contact at Funko:
Hi Ben,

We should be seeing this in the UK in July, no confirmation yet of which retailers it will be available in.

Regards,

Allen
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

Ben Bentley wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:33 am An update for those in Europe, here's the email I just got from my contact at Funko
Cool. I think it´d be easy to get these if they come to the UK. Thanks for the news!
svl

Post by svl »

Just received my Batmobile w/ Batman & Robin from Amazon for $37.42 ($34.49 plus tax) plus free two day Amazon Prime shipping.

LOVE IT!!! Have the chase Mr. Freeze on his way as well from eBay, now to find the other five at a good price and then chase Pilot Bats. :)