Hot Toys cancels 1966 Batmobile but Yvonne Batgirl planned

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

Re: Hot Toys cancels 1966 Batmobile but Yvonne Batgirl planned

Post by AndyFish »

No Joker at the Hot Toys booth. Bad sign for Cesar.
Nobody to ask yet either.
bnkpro

Post by bnkpro »

That saddens me. That saddens me deeply.
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

bnkpro wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:27 pm As far as TV goes they are doing Daredevil figures from the Netflix series.
Yep, they´ll release Daredevil around October and there´s a Punisher one on the works as well.

As for Batgirl and Julie´s Catwoman, if it´s true, wow. I´m a broke dude, but I´d like to take both! I thought they only had the movie license, but if Batgirl´s there, I can understand they´d like to get Newmar instead of Meriwether (no offense to Lee, but Julie is more iconic). Would be nice to get more info on that!
AndyFish wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:10 am No Joker at the Hot Toys booth. Bad sign for Cesar.
Nobody to ask yet either.
Too bad. These prototype pictures looked really nice!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I still have faith in Cesar coming together. I think that would be a big seller.
Gryck

Post by Gryck »

Im more saddened that there is no new 66 Premium Format from sideshow to continue that line.. Would have LOVED to see a Yvonne Craig - She would be gorgeous.. Still hope she gets made.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

ChAnOoD wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:43 am
Yep, they´ll release Daredevil around October and there´s a Punisher one on the works as well.
The Punisher looks fantastic--capturing Jon Bernthal's look near-perfectly.
Beneath Wayne Manor
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:31 am The Punisher looks fantastic--capturing Jon Bernthal's look near-perfectly.
Yeah, they did a good job with that figure.

I´ve been watching some videos and pics online and it seems Hot Toys are still milking the thousand Iron Man versions, the Dark Knight Joker and the recent Justice Leage team, but nothing Bat 66 related.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

ChAnOoD wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:46 am
BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:31 am The Punisher looks fantastic--capturing Jon Bernthal's look near-perfectly.
Yeah, they did a good job with that figure.

I´ve been watching some videos and pics online and it seems Hot Toys are still milking the thousand Iron Man versions, the Dark Knight Joker and the recent Justice Leage team, but nothing Bat 66 related.
I would say all you mention--except the Justice League (because the film has not been released) need to take a long production vacation, or stop, as there are too many Iron Man variations--the same with TDK Joker.

Personally, where Batman 1966 figures are concerned, I am not imagining Hot Toys (or any other 1/6 scale manufacturer) will ever produce some large wave of characters. There's just not enough interest from the remaining generations(s) who are both Bat '66 fans and collectors of high end figures to warrant the investment/production. In other words, I'm not expecting Bookworm, False Face, Pussycat, Astin/Riddler or George Sanders/Mr. Freeze figures.

Whether any other figures are produced is anyone's guess, but if Hot Toys' output ended with what is available--Batman and Robin--I would be satisfied.
Beneath Wayne Manor
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

Wait there is still the August Hong Kong toy show and that is where Hot Toys shows 1966 Batman figures.

My friend is friends with the co-owner of Hot Toys and was their guest in Japan for their new vintage Batman museum. He was told the Yvonne Craig Batgirl was definite for 2017. (Hopefully WB does not delay anything because of the new Batgirl movie.)
Boy Wonder

Post by Boy Wonder »

BatToys wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:32 pm He was told the Yvonne Craig Batgirl was definite for 2017.
Well, that's good news!
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

I saw zero evidence of a Batgirl for 2017 at SDCC yet many other franchises with 2018 release dates. A prototype would certainly be out by now if the 2017 rumor were true. I honestly believe the 66 line is done as far as Hot Toys 12" are concerned. Over two years since their last releases or reveals in that scale.
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

I agree the future doesn't look bright for Hot Toys '66 line (especially the Batmobile), but I believe it's been less than a year since they revealed the Romero prototype. Here's hoping he makes it to our shelves.
PDpuck16

Post by PDpuck16 »

Dying for news on the Joker. I have a bad feeling about it.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

Since Hot Toys made Nicolson, Ledger and Leto Jokers, I think they will make Romero as many will want to complete the set.

Howard the owner said the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman is a high possibility as he is a fan of that version.

My friend who was Hot Toys guest in Japan, friends with the co-owner and who posted trip photos in Facebook Batman Collectors, was told by the co-owner the 1966 Yvonne Craig Batgirl was definite in 2017. I asked him about it and he said Hot Toys was very definite about it.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

The Hong Kong toy shows starts today. If Hot Toys doesn't show Batgirl or Romero Joker there then it's low priority and I wouldn't expect it for 2017.