Hot Toys cancels 1966 Batmobile but Yvonne Batgirl planned

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

Re: Hot Toys cancels 1966 Batmobile but Yvonne Batgirl planned

Post by AndyFish »

2017 is over in terms of production if they haven't arrived at a finished sculpt. Between factory production and shipping via freight from China I would be shocked if either figure shows up this year.

Unfortunately the fact that the owner is a fan of a property is how we get prototypes which don't go into production unless the sales are there (see the HT '66 Batmobile) because it's just too expensive to produce mass numbers without those preorders. The owner gets the prototype but the fans are left wanting.

Personally my world goes on whether or not a toy is made. IF they make a Cesar I'm in for it, if not I save $250 for something that's actually more important. If you are someone who REALLY wants either of these to get made, find a retailer taking preorders and go for it-- preorders are what determine production.
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

I hope they pay a little closer attention to detail than they did with their products released thus far.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

Hot Toys should experiment with higher prices for obscure low production items. If a regular figure is $250 then make the Craig Batgirl for $500 and see if enough fans preorder to justify production.

If a car is usually $700 then the 1966 Batmobile at $1500 means less orders needed if enough fans pay in advance to get it made.

I doubt Hot Toys will try this tho. They seem to have spread themselves too thin with all these new licenses. Valerian really?
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

BatToys wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:58 pm Hot Toys should experiment with higher prices for obscure low production items. If a regular figure is $250 then make the Craig Batgirl for $500 and see if enough fans preorder to justify production.

If a car is usually $700 then the 1966 Batmobile at $1500 means less orders needed if enough fans pay in advance to get it made.

I doubt Hot Toys will try this tho. They seem to have spread themselves too thin with all these new licenses. Valerian really?
$500 for a Craig Batgirl figure? That seems like the Titanic waiting to happen all over again. Of Batman '66 fans, I maintain that most are not toy collectors, and certainly not fans of expensive figures. I mean hobbies and leisure are one thing, but paying $1500.00 for a toy car no matter how detailed seems beyond reason. The interest is just not there, and if HT fail to reveals anything by year's end (or stretch things out to Toy Fair '18 as one last hope), then it would seem Batman & Robin are where the toy collectors' interest rests, which HT is acknowledging by the lack of prototypes at the various event/shows.

A Craig BG might make it, but that looks like a pretty slim chance of happening right now.
Beneath Wayne Manor
PDpuck16

Post by PDpuck16 »

Looks like there wasn't a 66 showing in Hong Kong... http://www.figures.com/2017/07/31/hot-t ... cghk-2017/