Need more info on this fact toothpaste poster.

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Rybaer

Need more info on this fact toothpaste poster.

Post by Rybaer »

Hello there. So I have a 1966 Fact toothpaste mail in Batman and Robin poster. I've scoured the Internet looking for theses posters and have found them here and there but have yet to come across an uncut version. Meaning the 2 separate posters are still attached and we're never cut into 2.
Would it be worth it to spend the money restoring it due to some stains and a couple tears? Is it rare to have this uncut poster? If so how rare? Does anyone know how much this poster would be worth or does anyone know of where I can find such information out?
I would post a picture but every way I try it says the file is too large. Any help would be great. I could even email a picture if someone has any info on this poster. Thank you
marmaly

Re: Need more info on this fact toothpaste poster.

Post by marmaly »

You couldn't have done that much scouring. A quick google of "Fact toothpaste mail in Batman and Robin poster" produced many results, like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LARGE-BATMAN-50 ... 2119806486
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

It's important not to base the value of items on unsold listings on eBay. Those prices only represent what sellers hope they will get, not necessarily what buyers are willing to pay. Check on the "sold listings" box to see what people have actually paid for similar items.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-50-YEAR-OL ... SwEPtZYOwU

This one sold for much less than half what the current sellers are asking.
- Boy Genius
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

I have no additional information, but the eBay auctions cited above aren't directly relevant to the question, which -- if I understand the OP correctly -- concerns a single uncut sheet consisting of both the Batman and Robin posters. I'd have to assume that's considerably rarer than either of the individual posters -- though how that would affect value is way outside my expertise.
Rybaer

Post by Rybaer »

Thank you for correcting the others Jim akin. Yes you are correct, it is a single uncut poster of both batman and robin. And I have done quite a bit of scouring and have only found the single posters. I appreciate you reading the posthe thought. Thank you
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

The expert answers and the 2 posters uncut are on Facebook Batman Collectors. But the join requirements are strict. If you are really into collecting 1966 Batman toys and want to learn incredibly obscure facts about them, it's the best place.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

BatToys wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:36 pm But the join requirements are strict.
I wonder if being the creator and Editor in Chief of the Batman Toy and Collectibles Price Guide from 1996-2001 would allow me passage? :lol:
Music. BAT! Music.
Rybaer

Post by Rybaer »

Thank you BatToys. I will attempt to join their group(I read the rules and it is pretty darn strict). I really just want to know if it's worth it to spend upwards of $400 to restore the poster to its original state.