Batman Lava Soap Commercial

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Progress Pigment

Batman Lava Soap Commercial

Post by Progress Pigment »

Did anyone see this commercial when it was reshown a few times when "Batman" aired on the FX channel in the 90's? I used to have it on VHS. :) There's a storyboard from it on this blog:

http://bigglee.blogspot.com/2015/07/zow ... en-tv.html

You might have to blow it up a bit. That is just as it aired. Except at the end Chief O'Hara said, "It fights dirty hands! Like you fight dirty crooks!" Then laughed almost insanely. :?
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
gothosmansion

Re: Batman Lava Soap Commercial

Post by gothosmansion »

I wasn't born when the TV show aired originally, so I haven't seen the commercial at all. I would really like to. I did watch Batman on FX back in the 1990s, but I don't remember seeing the commercial.

I really liked reading the articles, too. Thanks for sharing this.
BatMite

Post by BatMite »

I've been looking for this for 20 years. I'd gladly pay a decent chunk of change to get it on DVD.

I've heard FX aired it but if they did wouldn't it be on YouTube or eBay? To the best of my recollection, this hasn't been shown anywhere in 20+ years (assuming FX did indeed air it).

If someone on this board could please post it or make a copy available it'd be greatly appreciated.
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

BatMite wrote:I've been looking for this for 20 years. I'd gladly pay a decent chunk of change to get it on DVD.

I've heard FX aired it but if they did wouldn't it be on YouTube or eBay? To the best of my recollection, this hasn't been shown anywhere in 20+ years (assuming FX did indeed air it).
Not necessarily. Someone who recorded it back in the 90's would have to have kept their old dubs of the FX airings, transfer it and upload it. I sort of assumed it'd be on the DVD sets, but no. And yes, it was aired on FX, twice. I wasn't around in the 60's either, That's the only place I've ever seen it. I remember Jeff Probst cut into the ending a bit to quickly, then commented about how weird Commissioner Gordon acted :) Funny. Being a pro, Neil Hamilton had gone into full-out TV pitchman mode. Doubtlessly on a board full of Batfans at least one or two other person set the old VHS to get FX Batman episodes over & over again (making multiple copies of all the same old episodes) like I did. And hopefully unlike mine, they didn't all eventually end up at the dump.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMOYGysUdII[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRQm-acGEBM[/youtube]
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
BatMite

Post by BatMite »

If anyone has a copy, I'd be happy to transfer the VHS free of charge to properly digitize the commercial and make it available to those on the Board that are interested.
Inspector Bash

Post by Inspector Bash »

Hi all, new member here. I THINK I have this on VHS! Definitely had it at one point, and I know where it would be (in a relative's basement). Fingers crossed it wasn't destroyed by water damage. PM me if still interested.
Inspector Bash

Post by Inspector Bash »

It has been found on VHS! I just need to convert. Apparently as a new member I don't yet have access to private messaging yet, so I guess let me know on here if anyone is still interesting in seeing this
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Yes, I would love to see it.
And, welcome.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Inspector Bash wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:35 am It has been found on VHS! I just need to convert. Apparently as a new member I don't yet have access to private messaging yet, so I guess let me know on here if anyone is still interesting in seeing this
Welcome to our board!

Very interested in seeing this!
BatMite

Post by BatMite »

Yes! Definitely interested. Please keep us posted...and THANK YOU.
BatMite

Post by BatMite »

Inspector Bash wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:35 am It has been found on VHS! I just need to convert. Apparently as a new member I don't yet have access to private messaging yet, so I guess let me know on here if anyone is still interesting in seeing this
I just replied to your PM back to me, Sir, but it appears to be stuck/delayed in my outbox. Hopefully you receive the message soon.
Inspector Bash

Post by Inspector Bash »

I've noticed that my PM's have been staying stuck in the outbox for a while too. I replied back to you a little while ago and it's doing the same thing. Regardless, the video is going to be up in the next few minutes. Will be in touch :D
Inspector Bash

Post by Inspector Bash »

Here it is:

***Admin edit: changed link and code tag to make video visible in post***
BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

nice, thanks for this. 30 views on youtube and no thank yous.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Thanks for sharing this very cool video!