Batman Lava Soap Commercial

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Inspector Bash

Re: Batman Lava Soap Commercial

Post by Inspector Bash »

My pleasure! Hope you all enjoy (even with Chief O'Hara's creepy laugh at the end :lol: )
cammy85

Post by cammy85 »

Yes, thank you!! Don't worry; I left the first Youtube thank you comment. :) Just lie I did when I first discovered the Batgirl pilot.
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

Thank you so much for posting. I had never seen this commercial and thought it odd that a show as popular as Batman would not have had a cast commercial when the trend was so common at the time. None of the prints of the show I have seen that had the original ads had one. Another piece of the puzzle found!

Now if someone would find that Rally commercial!
Inspector Bash

Post by Inspector Bash »

No problem...I don't think I've heard of the Rally commercial?
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Bash, You are a gem! Very good find. Thank you so much my friend! Terrible Sound! There was a Rally Car Wax commercial with Burt, but with another actor playing Adam in the 1960's. I think the chances are very low it will ever turn up.
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
cammy85

Post by cammy85 »

Inspector Bash wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:39 am My pleasure! Hope you all enjoy (even with Chief O'Hara's creepy laugh at the end :lol: )
That laugh was indeed funny!! Much like the laugh when Commissioner Gordon was "arrested for overtime parking" in the Bookworm episode. Better than being "dead", I suppose!!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

A big thanks for going to the effort to transfer this and share! Great to finally see this commercial after reading about for so many years.
Inspector Bash

Post by Inspector Bash »

Glad you're all enjoying the ad! I'm going to continue going through the old FX tapes I found to see if there are any other artifacts of interest. I don't think there are but if I find any I'll certainly share
BatMite

Post by BatMite »

Progress Pigment wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:02 am Bash, You are a gem! Very good find. Thank you so much my friend! Terrible Sound! There was a Rally Car Wax commercial with Burt, but with another actor playing Adam in the 1960's. I think the chances are very low it will ever turn up.
I believe the Rally commercial is from the '70s, no?
Inspector Bash

Post by Inspector Bash »

http://digital.hagley.org/VID-1995300-B10

Check out the video in the link above and go to the 50:27 mark. Is that the one?
BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

Inspector Bash wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:48 pm http://digital.hagley.org/VID-1995300-B10

Check out the video in the link above and go to the 50:27 mark. Is that the one?
holy
BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

Inspector Bash wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:48 pm http://digital.hagley.org/VID-1995300-B10

thanks, never heard of this
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Yes! That's the one from DuPont. For years, only memory made me think West & Ward were in the commercial, along with the Barris Batmobile, but as we see, it was a clever knock-off. A few years ago, I searched for this spot, but only found this Radio TV Reports sheet with captures of the commercial and the programs they sponsored. In this case, the Batman Rally Wax spot aired during the April 21, 1974 Stanley Cup:

Thanks to you, we have the entire spot! Thank you x1000!
Beneath Wayne Manor
60s TV Fan

Post by 60s TV Fan »

Very cool! Thanks for posting! Being born after the series originally aired, I have long wondered who sponsored the show, and if we would ever be able to see cast commercials (or if they even existed.) Glad to see this one, and let's hope a few more turn up some day.
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

Wow. One throwaway comment later...

I remain in awe of the generous people on this board who continue to allow me to learn Batlore after I thought that the ore has been completely mined. Inspector Bash and Batwinged Hornet, I tip my cowl to you!