FTC '66 Batcave coming!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Ben Bentley

Re: FTC '66 Batcave coming!!!

Post by Ben Bentley »

Szabol wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:36 pm Funny you should ask. I was just emailing them about another item and I asked about that Batcave. The answer: SPRING 2018 for the 1966 Batcave. That's March to June.
Thanks for the update, Lou. I'd almost forgotten about this item.
Gadgeteer

Post by Gadgeteer »

Spring! Thanks for the info.
svl

Post by svl »

Ben Bentley wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:02 am Thanks for the update, Lou. I'd almost forgotten about this item.
Heck, Ben, I started the thread and I forgot about it! :oops:
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Almost spring! Can't wait for this item, unless FTC pulls a funko (not releasing something you had previously announced) I will be getting this item upon release!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Punxsutawney Phil says 6 more weeks until Spring.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Just wondering if anybody has found more info on this item, from the picture I can tell it includes two bat poles, a new batsignal and batcomputer and that's it, the rest is just a cardboard diorama. Does anybody have more info on what's it includes or more importantly does anyone have a definite release date?
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

Looking at the layout, its using the same floor plan as the Mego Batcave just with different graphics. I am assuming its going to be vinyl covered cardboard like the repro mego one they did
To the Bat-Elephant!!
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

TBolt wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:17 pm Looking at the layout, its using the same floor plan as the Mego Batcave just with different graphics. I am assuming its going to be vinyl covered cardboard like the repro mego one they did
I'm afraid I have to disagree,I don't think it really has the shame shape of the mego batcave. Especially when you look at the Wayne manor exterior shape
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

^^^ Its the same two modules with a connector panel added. both ends are the same shape as the Mego style one they produced. FTC is notorious for recycling/ repackaging.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Oh....
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

the Mego repro one was 80 bucks and this appears to have a bit more to it so I am betting it clocks in at 100 bucks, too.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

TBolt wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:17 pm Looking at the layout, its using the same floor plan as the Mego Batcave just with different graphics. I am assuming its going to be vinyl covered cardboard like the repro mego one they did
That's the charm of it-- the original Mego Batcave was a rework of an Action Jackson set and was later revamped into a Planet of the Apes one.

Mego retooled everything they could.
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

AndyFish wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:26 am
That's the charm of it-- the original Mego Batcave was a rework of an Action Jackson set and was later revamped into a Planet of the Apes one.

Mego retooled everything they could.
Oh, I know of the Mego charm, my shelful of 66 Bat-People attests to it. :)
To the Bat-Elephant!!
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

I wonder if they will do a "deluxe" version that comes with two figures, maybe batman and joker, like they did with the re-mego batcave?
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

I have the Mego Batcave repro set and I will be very interested in getting this one as well. I was quite a Mego fan back in the early-to-mid '70s and love the repro stuff as well. I wish some company would repro the Johnny West sets, the Six Million Dollar Man, and the G.I. JOE ones - the REAL G.I. JOES from the '60s and '70s that were 12 inches high and had beards you could shave off using your dad's Schick razor. :lol: By the way, did anyone collect Big Jim (I didn't) in either his athletic adventurer or later P.A.C.K. incarnations?
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"