The Most Correct Batmobile?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Keith Mayo

The Most Correct Batmobile?

Post by Keith Mayo »

I have several Batmobiles in my collection and have seen MANY more on the web, but they all seem to be lacking in one area or another. For example, the Funko 3.75 is pretty dang good, but lacks the hood mounted Bat Radar, has no trunk mounted antenna and the dash is without any detail. Not to mention (so WHY then am I mentioning it?) NO DANG LICENSE PLATE!!!! Polar Lights Snap Together has all of the above mentioned detail, but the figures are NOT '66 TV show versions of the Dynamic Duo. My best guess is they are the Super Friends version or perhaps Silver Age Comic. The NJ Croce 10" Batmobile has the details down pretty dang well - BUT THE WHEELS DON'T ROLL!!!!

Ok. Rant over. My question is which version of THE Batmobile (I refuse to recognize any other) is closest to perfection?
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
Mark Racop

Re: The Most Correct Batmobile?

Post by Mark Racop »

The only 1966 Batmobile out of the box that is relatively accurate is the deluxe Polar Lights 1:25 model kit. All other versions are based on the car as it was at the time of the 3D scan, sometime in 2005-2006. If you are familiar with the original car at all, you know that it had all kinds of, ahem, 'accessories' added.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Amen
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
dell

Post by dell »

I would say the most correct Batmobile is one of Mark's. :D
dell
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

I agree with Mark here. The Polar Lights 1:25 deluxe is the nicest I have personally come across myself.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

received_711645158980462.jpeg
received_711731268971851.jpeg
The Polar Lights is by far the most accurate Batmobile because it can be modified and has resin Adam West figures. This has a metal beacon and suspension was lowered. Built for me by The Third Models.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

PS

The stripes were painted with Glowing Cerise like the real car.