Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Keith Mayo

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by Keith Mayo »

AndyFish wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:36 am Unless the sales were terrible, and I mean like negative numbers bad, there will be at least a second series. The way these toy companies work, these figures are all tooled and already in production and set to be announced soon. Funko makes its money on POPS (and those show no signs of letting up) so they can produce things like these figures which are in part wish fulfillment of some of the higher ups at the company.
Peg warmers in my area are Bookworm, Catwoman and Mr Freeze (Books A Million and FYE).
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
seanrt

Post by seanrt »

It feels like Funko’s passion for the line definitely has waned. They can get most of their other products, especially Pops!, out in about 3 months. I’ve not seen or heard a peep since that podcast in August I think it was. They way Funko has performed on their other lines, we should have had wave 2 on sale and already hearing what wave 3 would contain.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Funko has saturated the market with those Pop! figures, and it's kinda scary to me from a financial decisions stand point. I'm just sayin'.....
Music. BAT! Music.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Pops are the new Beenie Babies imho.
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

seanrt wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:13 pm It feels like Funko’s passion for the line definitely has waned. They can get most of their other products, especially Pops!, out in about 3 months. I’ve not seen or heard a peep since that podcast in August I think it was. They way Funko has performed on their other lines, we should have had wave 2 on sale and already hearing what wave 3 would contain.
This! Exactly!!!

We found out about these at Toy Fair 2017 this past year. Are we really going to have to wait until Toy Fair 2018 to find out about the future....and do we even bother if they wait past that.

I understand that some companies want to take the time to get figures out and get them right...but too much time in between waves can also do a lot of damage...people's taste change and a lot of collectors can lose hope about the future of lines.

For example: I was collecting The Loyal subjects GI Joe Action Vinyls. They promised more figures to come as well as vehicle sets...but the amount of time in between waves and the incompleteness of the whole line made me decide to sell everything off.

I will not lie...if this line was to end today...I would sell off the majority of my single carded figures both carded and loose (maybe keep a Catwoman) I would definitely keep the Batmobile with Batman and Robin (both opened and mint). But out side that...I would not care to keep the current lineup because it feels way too incomplete. Like I said befire...at least give us the other 3 "heavy hitter" villains and I will be okay...I will keep my collection.

On the other hand....18 months before giving us more info is going to make a lot of people scratch their heads and if they are serious about giving this line some longevity.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I see your point Crayfish (are we related?) and while I understand I personally am in no rush. We waited 50 years for toys like these, my Batcave doesn't suffer because the Screen Test Batman doesn't have a Joker to go up against. They're neat, if they make more I'll buy them, if they don't I'm not going to lose any sleep.

Personally I think it was a mistake to go deep with Wave One-- Bookworm? Seriously? Does anyone besides a die hard fan know who this is? Mr Freeze and Catwoman sure, and even though King Tut is one of my favorite characters from the show I don't know what he adds to the appeal of the line as an entry figure.

I will say this-- I vastly prefer this than if Wave One was all the big villains and wave two was the same villians in different costumes.

I've got faith that there will be at least one more wave.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Wave 1 should have been:
Batman
Riddler
Catwoman
Mr Freeze

Wave 2 then would be:
Robin
Joker
Penguin
King Tut

Wave 3:
Batgirl
Bookworm
Egghead
Chase variants

Of course, your mileage may vary.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I just want Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Egghead, Mad Hatter, the Batcave and maybe Batgirl’s Cycle. Anything after these will be gravy for me.
seanrt

Post by seanrt »

rickkrefft wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:25 am I just want Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Egghead, Mad Hatter, the Batcave and maybe Batgirl’s Cycle. Anything after these will be gravy for me.
Agreed. I know I was really hoping a lot for this line, but at this point I will take what you named above I guess I’ll never get my Batgirl room with revolving wall.
The Joker

Post by The Joker »

Sure wish some toy company would release a FalseFace figure(s) and a George Sanders Mr. Freeze with a removable Freeze Helmet and Freeze Ray-Gun -- maybe with the shiny red smoking jacket and climate-control device as a variant. .
BatTime

Post by BatTime »

Regarding Wave 2...

The best coverage of this line has come from Dan Greenfield at 13th Dimension. Back in July he had a whole post on speculation on the next wave(s) and he has had discussions with Ben Butcher (Funco executive), Reis O’Brien (senior designer) along with other sources on the future of this line:

https://13thdimension.com/looking-ahead ... 66-wave-2/

FWIW: In another post concerning variants, Ben Butcher clearly states that there would be no announcements concerning the details of Wave 2 until December. So hopefully we'll know something next month...bat-fingers crossed!
Attachments
batman66funko.jpg
"I don't know who he is beneath that mask of his, but I know when we need him, and we need him now!"
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

No one mentions him, and I understand he's not an action oriented character, but I'd die to get a figure of Alfred. I mean, I get that most people don't want an "old man" figure, but Funko put out some pretty obtuse offerings for lines like Breaking Bad, Pulp Fiction, and Boondock Saints.
Gadgeteer

Post by Gadgeteer »

If they make a Batcave playset Alfred would be a MUST!
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Some good posts this past week. I think those who said Bookworm and/or Tut were a mistake are correct. I'd have put Penguin in Wave 1 instead of Bookworm. This way you had two major villains and then had Joker and Riddler for wave 2.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Crayfish wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:27 am
seanrt wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:13 pm It feels like Funko’s passion for the line definitely has waned. They can get most of their other products, especially Pops!, out in about 3 months. I’ve not seen or heard a peep since that podcast in August I think it was. They way Funko has performed on their other lines, we should have had wave 2 on sale and already hearing what wave 3 would contain.
This! Exactly!!!

We found out about these at Toy Fair 2017 this past year. Are we really going to have to wait until Toy Fair 2018 to find out about the future....and do we even bother if they wait past that.

I understand that some companies want to take the time to get figures out and get them right...but too much time in between waves can also do a lot of damage...people's taste change and a lot of collectors can lose hope about the future of lines.

For example: I was collecting The Loyal subjects GI Joe Action Vinyls. They promised more figures to come as well as vehicle sets...but the amount of time in between waves and the incompleteness of the whole line made me decide to sell everything off.

I will not lie...if this line was to end today...I would sell off the majority of my single carded figures both carded and loose (maybe keep a Catwoman) I would definitely keep the Batmobile with Batman and Robin (both opened and mint). But out side that...I would not care to keep the current lineup because it feels way too incomplete. Like I said befire...at least give us the other 3 "heavy hitter" villains and I will be okay...I will keep my collection.

On the other hand....18 months before giving us more info is going to make a lot of people scratch their heads and if they are serious about giving this line some longevity.
This is why I didn't buy the Mattel figures. They left an empty feeling. That and the price was too high and the figures were blah at best.