Just got the New Bradford Exchange "BATMAN TO THE BATCAVE" Statue!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Ben Bentley

Re: Just got the New Bradford Exchange "BATMAN TO THE BATCAVE" Statue!

Post by Ben Bentley »

AndyFish wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:24 am I really like the Batmobile, can overlook the fact that the likeness' are not there and even the fact that Adam never jumped into the car-- it's an homage to the comics in the '66 style in my mind.

But do I really need ANOTHER Batmobile?? Even though it lights up and has music. PRETTY neat.

Likewise, out of all of the TV Batman items in the Bradford Exchange line, the Batmobile is the one I was most looking forward to potentially adding to my collection. My hesitation on placing a pre-order has so far been very much validated by the final products i've seen (e.g. the figure in this thread and the wall clock). Not being able to show at the very least a "Master Paint" stage image of the product is sooner or later going to be detrimental to their pre-order based business model.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

This one and the 15" Batman figure don't look to be mockups-- but I'm with you Ben.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

AndyFish wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:00 pm This one and the 15" Batman figure don't look to be mockups-- but I'm with you Ben.
I certainly hope the 15" is a mock up. The utility belt is UPSIDE DOWN.
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
Jim K, Bat fan

Post by Jim K, Bat fan »

SprangFan wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:36 am What's with the sound effect? Is the bat-computer exploding?

Probably installed Windows 8...
:lol: that really cracked me up!
Jim K, Bat fan

Post by Jim K, Bat fan »

AndyFish wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:24 am I really like the Batmobile, can overlook the fact that the likeness' are not there and even the fact that Adam never jumped into the car--
Maybe it depicts a strong wind blowing him out of the Batmobile...
To The Batpoles!

Post by To The Batpoles! »

SprangFan wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:36 am What's with the sound effect? Is the bat-computer exploding?

Probably installed Windows 8...
There is NO Sound Effect on the Batman Statue, SprangFan.

Just the Buttons on the Bat-Computer light up as well as the "Pow" over the top of it.

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!
To The Batpoles!

Post by To The Batpoles! »

Szabol wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:26 am Who's getting Robin, the second in this series?
I am IN for the Robin as well.

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Yeah it looks like they mixed up the belt that had the pouches on the top with the gravity feed version here.

To clarify because I’ve had some ask-in producing these things companies have mockups made which are usully artist composites of a concept which is what we had here with the statue that showed the hot toys sculpt in promotions but is clearly not in production.

After that you have prototypes which are either actual physical objects or the Zbrush digital sculpt. That appears to be the case with the 15”figure. I still prefer that to a mock-up because it tends to be more like the finished product.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Both jumping into the Batmobile reminds me of the usual way the 1968 Filmation duo got in their Batmobile. Cool.
Beneath Wayne Manor
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:27 pm Both jumping into the Batmobile reminds me of the usual way the 1968 Filmation duo got in their Batmobile. Cool.

So true. We've had versions of the Batmobile with and without figures in the cockpit. Truthfully, I've skipped many of them lately (Jada, for example) since they have added nothing new to the mix or represent a scale I already have, but the Bradford Batmobile model (at least in the mock-up) shows a unique variation that we have not seen since the characters are in an action pose. Still, I'm with the rest of you in waiting to see the final product before ordering. There is nothing wrong with the Batman statue, but it doesn't cry "must have" to me since I have enough depictions of 66 Batman on display. Still, I hope those of you adding it to your collection enjoy it!

Can you believe that we have gone from wishing this merchandise was available to being able to pick and choose?
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

There is NO Sound Effect on the Batman Statue, SprangFan.

Just the Buttons on the Bat-Computer light up as well as the "Pow" over the top of it.
I was referring to the "pow." I know the statue doesn't make an actual sound.

The "Pow" makes no sense to me unless the computer is exploding. Batman has not thrown the batarang yet, so it can't have hit anything. Not that throwing the batarang in the bat-cave makes any sense, either.

I know the "Biff Bang Pow" graphics have their fans, but they're not appropriate to every product.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."