New Batman Scooby Doo Brave and the Bold movie

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Lou Szabo

New Batman Scooby Doo Brave and the Bold movie

Post by Lou Szabo »

https://nerdist.com/batman-scooby-doo-b ... ted-movie/
Due out early January 2018

Long before Batman became king of the comic book crossovers, the Caped Crusader crossed paths with Mystery Incorporated twice during The New Scooby-Doo Movies. Since then, Batman and Scooby-Doo have had a few other comic book crossovers, and they even briefly shared the stage again during the Batman: The Brave and the Bold animated series. Now, for the first time since the ’70s, Batman and Scooby-Doo are teaming up for a full length animated movie. And for this new adventure, Batman brought along a few of his friends!

https://www.amazon.com/Scooby-Doo-Batma ... Brave+Bold
IMG_6845.JPG
IMG_6845.JPG (99.74 KiB) Viewed 7394 times
IMG_6844.JPG
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ricky

Re: New Batman Scooby Doo Brave and the Bold movie

Post by Ricky »

This is fantastic! I love the crossover's in "The New Scooby-Doo Movies". Will certainly give this a watch, never knew/heard about this production either so thanks for posting. It looks like the DVD will include both of the 70's crossovers under the special features menu, added bonus - been awhile since i've watched them through, killing two birds with one stone!
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

Ruh Roh! Am I the only one who thought that was a giant flying lobster on the cover at first?
- Boy Genius
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

I'll be all over this like stink on a monkey as I still love watching my two original Scooby-Doo Meets Batman and Robin episodes from the early '70s. Man, I still remember how exciting it was for all us kids back then as it was the first TV appearances for Batman since both the '66 live-action Adam West and Filmation Saturday morning animated series.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Yes! Some "Batman '66" villain cameos can be spotted in "Scooby Doo & Batman: The Brave and the Bold" crossover. Egghead, King Tut, Shame and Clock King (with his animated series’ clockface mask) and even the comics version of Killer Moth. (Previously, a number of original TV villains had featured in "The Brave and the Bold" series’ jailbreak episode, “Day of the Dark Knight”.)

And yes, the two old “Scooby Doo, Where Are You?” episodes featuring Batman and Robin are in Bonus Features.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I enjoyed it- and so did cynical Mrs Fish who laughed when I bought it.
Meule

Post by Meule »

I saw it only yesterday and I did enjoy it a lot. I've always been a Scooby fan, so this crossover was right up my alley
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Bat-Brony92

Post by Bat-Brony92 »

This does look promising since I do love Scooby Doo and Batman(And this being the brave and the bold version makes me twice as happy!)
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

I found it somewhat underwhelming which was too bad for me as I love the old Scooby-Doo shows and am a big fan of the Brave and the Bold animated series. The writers seemed really hit-and-miss with the history and there's no excuse for that as the original two team-up episodes are in the special features. To depict the Mystery gang encountering Batman for the very first time was inconceivable for me - especially when they even had the swirling eyes intro from the 1972 series in the background at one point.

I also found the Mystery gang characters have been altered too much over the years into the now standard non-stop smart-aleck quips we find ad-nauseum in TV and film "comedy". It's now already old. I could go into more detail but I don't want to spoil for those who've yet to watch and determine for themselves. I'll just remain enjoying the late 60s/early 70s Scooby-Doo episodes along with the 2 original Batman and Robin appearances.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"