Bradford exchange Batmobile

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

Re: Bradford exchange Batmobile

Post by Lou Szabo »

It arrived today....I'm afraid to open it
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
To The Batpoles!

Post by To The Batpoles! »

C'mon!!! We are all waiting, Szabol!!! :o

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I just saw the PimpmyBatmobile unpackaging on Facebook.
rajung

Post by rajung »

Have at it!
Attachments
DSC01397.JPG
DSC01396.JPG
DSC01395.JPG
DSC01394.JPG
DSC01393.JPG
DSC01392.JPG
rajung

Post by rajung »

couple more
Attachments
DSC01399.JPG
DSC01400.JPG
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

You know it's interesting, it brings to mind the Tin Batmobiles that were done in the 70s and coveted by many of us fans;

Those certainly can't be considered screen accurate but I love them, in all their colors.

I think my biggest objection to the BE Batmobile is not the off model look to it, but the sloppiness of the production values.
rajung

Post by rajung »

2 more, forgot the bottom plus a couple "flaws" in corners :lol:
Attachments
DSC01402.JPG
DSC01403.JPG
DSC01404.JPG
rajung

Post by rajung »

Your right Andy.
I paid some big bucks for a red one of those years ago, even had a wheel missing when I bought it, which I still cant find.
rajung

Post by rajung »

Not sure what my " highly detailed adult collector" number is?
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I saw scooter's review. The frosted windshield reflects light into the cockpit and on the figures. It's 1/25 scale, based on the Jada 1/25 car according to Scooter.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

To save everyone some time:
Return card is requested here: https://www.bradfordexchange.com/servic ... ct-us.html

All items should be returned in the original package.

If the original package is not available, we encourage you to pack the items securely.

If the package is unopened, you may write Refuse/Return to Sender on the outside of the package and place the return in any U.S. Postal Service mailbox.

When we receive your return we will promptly issue an exchange, replacement, or refund via a check or a credit to your original payment method, if a refund is due. Processing rules allow us to issue credit ONLY to the payment method that was originally used for purchase. To issue a credit to another payment method or to refund this payment is prohibited under these rules.

Please click here to request a Return Information Card or Prepaid Return Label.

Please include your Return Information Card inside of the returned package, explaining the reason for the return, as well as your full name and mailing address. All original documents received with your item must also be returned.

All returns will be sent via the U.S. Postal Service to our Returns Center at 854 Golf Lane, Bensenville, IL 60105.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

rajung wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:21 amcouple more
This is rather terrible--the figures are not much more detailed than the micro-sized figures from the Corgi Batmobile:

Beneath Wayne Manor
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

So no response yet in requesting the return card. Luckily I didn't open it, so I used the Refuse/Return to Sender method.

One other fun fact. The clock on your ability to return starts from your order date, not the date it arrived. So a good deal of time has been lost if you pre-ordered. :shock:
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

Szabol wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:29 am So no response yet in requesting the return card. Luckily I didn't open it, so I used the Refuse/Return to Sender method.

One other fun fact. The clock on your ability to return starts from your order date, not the date it arrived. So a good deal of time has been lost if you pre-ordered. :shock:
As Batman himself once said, "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb."

I've been following this thread with interest as this Batmobile offered something that none of the other models have since the license became available. The positioning of the figures intrigued me since their entrance into the car owed more to the Filmation cartoons than the 66 series. However, I've acquired enough Barris Batmobiles over the last few years that any subsequent purchases would have to offer something unique (I'm looking at you, blue Funko Batmobile). So while this model was on my watch, I decided to wait until its release because of all the Photoshopped prototypes that offered me no indication of the level of quality.

Now we know why.

I'm certain that there is plenty of blame to go around, but since I have no inside track on licensing procedures, the question begs to be asked: how did this model even make it to production? Doesn't the Bradford Exchange have to present a prototype to DC/Warner for final approval or is it sufficient to present the digital mock-ups of another company's product? If that is the case, it does not speak highly for the integrity of the license. Add to that the high level of accuracy that we as collectors have come to expect in merchandising over the last several years and I am just as happy to save the $100 and look the other way when future Bradford offerings are announced.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

I hadn't realized it was 1/25 scale. That's way too big to end this sloppy.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."