"Holy-AMAZING Night!" VIP Gala Opening Party!

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

To The Batpoles!

"Holy-AMAZING Night!" VIP Gala Opening Party!

Post by To The Batpoles! »

Hi Gang!

Let me just say that I had such an AMAZING time at the VIP Gala Opening at the Hollywood Museum last night!

Wally and his museum team did such an incredible job in making a once-in-a-lifetime, 1966 Batman Exhibit a reality! From meeting Lee Meriwether & Burt Ward, to finally meeting some of the terrific folks here on the board, (Scott, Chuck, Ben, Buddy, Greg & Wally, just to name a few!). Thank you to ALL of the fellow Bat-Collectors for loaning your Special Bat-Treasures to the Museum so that Bat-Fans will be able to drool heavily until the display closes in April! You guys are the BEST! THANKS!!! :D

=Frank=
Attachments
VIPGala6.jpg
VIPGala5.jpg
VIPGala4.jpg
VIPGala3.jpg
VIPGala2.jpg
VIPGala1.jpg
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!
To The Batpoles!

Re: "Holy-AMAZING Night!" VIP Gala Opening Party!

Post by To The Batpoles! »

Almost forgot the TOYS!!!
Attachments
VIPGala7.jpg
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

Wow. How I wish I´d be able to catch this. Looks pretty good!
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

Thanks for the great video.

I saw this on yahoo. A video that shows some of the exhibits.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/holy-hollywo ... 20885.html
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Holy Excellent.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Wow, looks like a great exhibit. Wish I could attend. Thanks for sharing the pics and I hope we can see more.

Cheers.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Best night ever!!
I do not have the words to describe how cool it was to meet everyone, but mostly the fellow board members last night. Seeing the costumes and Props up close and in person was truly amazing.

Here is a link to all the pics I took
https://www.retrocoolnerd.com/home/2018 ... man66-pics
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

I so wish it had been open to the public! It would have been fun to meet everyone at the gala, especially the other board members here. Oh well, I'll make it to the exhibit at some point before it ends. Thanks for the pics everybody.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Anybody still in town? My boys and I are going to the museum tomorrow, Friday -1/12/18. Anyone care to meet us, Give me a shout. Maybe a meal at Mel's?
doubleknotspy

Post by doubleknotspy »

I have been thinking about what to post for the Gala. As a collector and contributor, this was a rare opportunity to share our passion and years of work with the world. As a fan, this was one of the great nights ever to experience the excitement of the Batman phenomenon. As a humble guy that grew up in fly over country of Southern Indiana, this was a once in a lifetime event where my wife and I were thrown into the glamorous Hollywood red carpet lifestyle, if only for a few minutes. This truly was a unique event. While this was a first for me, as a spoke to others that participate in these Hollywood events often, I learned that there was a special vib in the room. What a great night. Wally and his team knocked it out of the park for this one. It was a honor to participate and it was just a fun night to talk to other collectors as well as the Stars. Highlight of the night was to spend almost an hour with Batman pilot Director Bob Butler and his son in law. Could have listened to his stories all night. Also had a great conversation with Paul and Denise Hefti. Too many people to thank, but Roger and Lynn Neal, Wally Wingert and Donelle Donegan certainly deserve great praise for organizing this show.

As we all get older and we are many years removed from that 10 year old boy that sit in front of a black and white tv to watch the first episode of Batman, I realize that this event may be one of the last of the opportunities to put this ensemble of people and collectibles together for such an event. What a thrill to have been a small part of it.

Scott and Ben, will we open a place on the board for us to post the many pics that were taken so everyone here can enjoy?
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Great photos, thanks for sharing Frank! It was wonderful to meet you after all these years. I'm glad you had a blast at the event, I certainly did.
doubleknotspy wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:59 am Scott and Ben, will we open a place on the board for us to post the many pics that were taken so everyone here can enjoy?
By all means, share away! It was great to see you again, Buddy! It was great chatting with you and your wife.
doubleknotspy

Post by doubleknotspy »

realized that I did no justice to Donelle's last name. Donelle Dadigan is the President and Founder of the Hollywood Museum. Sorry I got her name wrong in my post.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

One of my favorite photos from a fantastic night with some of my favorite people in the world, taken by our friend Connie:
26731127_506215006438447_9074102463624418308_n.jpg
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Ben Bentley wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:58 am One of my favorite photos from a fantastic night with some of my favorite people in the world, taken by our friend Connie:

26731127_506215006438447_9074102463624418308_n.jpg
It’s times like this that it sucks being in eastern Wisconsin and not being able to attend something like this. What a great pic!
rajung

Post by rajung »

After a couple of days to thaw out, after my return home to some horrible weather, and still again today in Iowa, I just wanted to say I had a great time. Wish I could have met other members that were there. Did get to meet Alex, Chuck, Wally, and Ben, great to see you guys from the other side of the keyboard !.
Man that place was packed, getting pinballed quite a bit. I don't eat shrimp but what a spread of
hors d'oeuvres, thank you spell check.
Thanks Wally, Roger, and all who helped organize the event with all the Hospitality .It was a " Knock out of the Park Home Run"