Samy Batphone

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Flyinggrayson

Samy Batphone

Post by Flyinggrayson »

I am thinking of getting a Samy batphone. My phone service is provided by my cable provider though. No copper wire is operational in my house. The batphone would be on the 3rd floor and the cable modem is on the first floor. The phone would have to connect with the cable modem or router somehow. I don't want to run Ethernet cable through my house for this. Has anybody wrestled with this issue?

I'm thinking of a powerline adaptor for the service up to the third floor with an adaptor unit plugged into the wall and the modem or router on the first floor and hooking a cable with an Ethernet jack on one end and a phone jack on the other end between the adaptor unit plugged into the wall on the third floor and the batphone. These days you need to be Batman to be Batman!
johndeblasi

Re: Samy Batphone

Post by johndeblasi »

What is a "Samy Batphone"?
svl

Post by svl »

Samy is a prop builder in South America. He is to Batphones what Chuck Williams is to costumes.

Though a bit harder to get a hold of... :)
Flyinggrayson

Post by Flyinggrayson »

I've seen pictures and his product looks amazing. I just don't want it to never be used because I can't connect it to my phone line. Any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated. Googling doesn't seem to verify that my strategy would work.
johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

This sounds very intriguing. Is there a site for this or some photos. what does the phone do?
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

You do realize you can only answer the phone, these no dial....

The phone lights up when properly connected to an analog line, and if the beeper is installed, it beeps too.

Good luck converting it to a digital line
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Here is Samy website, not sure how active or updated it is?
http://tiptopsom.com.br/batprops/welcome/

Is your working phone connected to your modem? If so, I believe you can use that phone jack in the modem and plug a cord into your existing wall jacks so that all the wall jacks in the house have a connection and for a Samy phone at least the power to beep and light it up. I think you have to make sure first that the old copper lines are disconnected from the outside source at the interface box.
This ebay video shows that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBupiEkVUNA

and this site has some good info

https://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/E ... td-p/72736
Flyinggrayson

Post by Flyinggrayson »

I solved my tech issue and now I am deciding between the Samy phone and a phone which can be ordered by calling 1-800-225-3999. The phone number used to have a website which was www.getabatphone.com but that website seems gone now. Samy is a third more expensive. Anyone have recommendations for a good batphone with lights, sounds and able to make and receive calls?
Flyinggrayson

Post by Flyinggrayson »

Szabel, both vendors will allow you to add a keypad for an additional price so that you can dial out as well as receive calls. I have a wireless unit at the same desk where I will put the batphone so if I can even just answer with it, that would probably be okay. I wonder if Samy or the GetABAtPhone vendor will sell me the cake cover.
Flyinggrayson

Post by Flyinggrayson »

A. Pennyworth that was valuable advice. My cable company had already offered to essentially do this for me so that my cable supplied phone service works on all the jacks in my house; but you just proved that the resources of this board know no bounds. You have my vote as the board member most likely to figure his way out of the deathtrap before the next episode.
Flyinggrayson

Post by Flyinggrayson »

Does anyone have a view on Samy versus getabatphone? Any other vendors who produce a quality product?
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Flyinggrayson wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:49 am Does anyone have a view on Samy versus getabatphone? Any other vendors who produce a quality product?
I've seen several of Samy's phones in person and I must admit, I really like the look and feel. They have a vibe about them that screams "60's TV prop".

Can't say I can even picture one of the "GetABatphone" versions though, perhaps i've seen an image of one without even realizing? Do you have any images you could share? Their site does not appear to be active any longer.
Flyinggrayson

Post by Flyinggrayson »

Hi Ben,

Here is a link to a youtube video. I spoke with the owner and he does still make the phones although you are correct that the website seems no longer active.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8RRZEo8DKo