UPDATE: FUNKO Says BATMAN ‘66 Wave 2 Out This Summer

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Dan Greenfield

UPDATE: FUNKO Says BATMAN ‘66 Wave 2 Out This Summer

Post by Dan Greenfield »

Imagine that! After our earlier post, Funko now tells us Wave 2 is coming!

Here’s the link:
https://13thdimension.com/funko-says-ba ... is-summer/

Check it out!

—Dan
seanrt

Re: UPDATE: FUNKO Says BATMAN ‘66 Wave 2 Out This Summer

Post by seanrt »

Wow. This was unexpected after the gloom I felt this morning. Thanks!
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I’ll say. Feel so much better!!
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

If Wave 2 is coming out this summer, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens at SDCC. My recollection is that, with the initial Mattel figures, people were disappointed not to see them at Toy Fair only to find them later at SDCC.
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

Well, we´ll have to wait, but it´s good that they didn´t cancel it. Can´t wait to get more news about them, and I hope I´ll be able to catch this Wave as well!
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

[quote=ChAnOoD post_id=59676 Can´t wait to get more news about them, and I hope I´ll be able to catch this Wave as well!
[/quote]

And you'll be sittin' on top of the world! 😁
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Bookworm wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:52 pm If Wave 2 is coming out this summer, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens at SDCC. My recollection is that, with the initial Mattel figures, people were disappointed not to see them at Toy Fair only to find them later at SDCC.
Late July is when SDCC is. I'd hope to see something before that.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

I'm just praying wave 2 blows us away, with all this anticipation wave 2 should be GREAT! Here is my wish list for wave 2!
Joker, penguin, riddler, eartha kit catwoman: chase lee with mask, egghead, surfs up batman surfs us joker chase. Also for the vehicle green hornet and Kato with the black beauty, I think it would be a nice item for fans!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I’d feel complete if we got Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Egghead and a Batcave. Icing on the cake for me would be Batgirl Cycle, Mad Hatter, Pink Cowl Batman, Surfer Joker and Surfer Batman, Eartha’s Catwoman, Julie’s Catwoman (masked) and Green Hornet and Kato.
FranktheRiddler

Post by FranktheRiddler »

Fear not citizens word from the CEO of Funko is we are not done with Batman '66.
I happen to be friends with Brian and am always pushing for the line to continue.
Cause I need an Egghead, Bookworm, Mad Hatter, and Archer at least I have told him.
Plus a friend that works in the Marketing Department is a huge Batgirl Fan, so she wants a Batgirl Cycle.

BTW they did do Surfer Batman & Joker. I have a Pink Cowl Custom Batman that A very good customizer did for me.

Check my Tribute site out
http://www.adamwestistherealbatman.com
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

I´d like the big ones as much as you, but I´d love to get other characters like False Face (cool design, and no need to get the likeness of the actor in this case :P) or Chief O´Hara. Heck, even Alfred with his green apron would be amazing. Too many possibilites; I know it could be tricky (not sure how "easy" could be getting Neil Hamilton´s rights, but imagine Gordon with the red phone to add to the collection), but would be cool to getting the big ones plus the rest of the cast in the following waves.

I think we´ll agree that Wave 2 will include Joker/Penguin/Riddler, unless they´ll split those of a future Wave 3.
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

^^^ There must be some holdup on doing False Face or FTC would have done him for sure.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

FranktheRiddler wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:57 am Fear not citizens word from the CEO of Funko is we are not done with Batman '66.
I happen to be friends with Brian and am always pushing for the line to continue.
Cause I need an Egghead, Bookworm, Mad Hatter, and Archer at least I have told him.
Plus a friend that works in the Marketing Department is a huge Batgirl Fan, so she wants a Batgirl Cycle.

BTW they did do Surfer Batman & Joker. I have a Pink Cowl Custom Batman that A very good customizer did for me.

They did Bookworm in wave 1. Surfer Batman and Joker were only made as Pops.
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

ChAnOoD wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:23 am I´d like the big ones as much as you, but I´d love to get other characters like False Face (cool design, and no need to get the likeness of the actor in this case :P) or Chief O´Hara. Heck, even Alfred with his green apron would be amazing. Too many possibilites; I know it could be tricky (not sure how "easy" could be getting Neil Hamilton´s rights, but imagine Gordon with the red phone to add to the collection), but would be cool to getting the big ones plus the rest of the cast in the following waves.

I think we´ll agree that Wave 2 will include Joker/Penguin/Riddler, unless they´ll split those of a future Wave 3.

Don't even tease about Wave 3....let's get the heavy hitters in Wave 2 so if Wave 3 comes as close to cancellation as Wave 2 did...we will at least have a decent amount of characters and our collections will feel complete.
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

Crayfish wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:24 am Don't even tease about Wave 3....let's get the heavy hitters in Wave 2 so if Wave 3 comes as close to cancellation as Wave 2 did...we will at least have a decent amount of characters and our collections will feel complete.
I doubt they´re really thinking on a wave 3 right now, but who knows. Anyway, it´d be fun to get Gordon, O´Hara and the supporting cast among Joker and company. First wave had 7 figures (Bats, Robin, Batgirl, Catwoman, Bookworm, King Tut and Mr. Freeze); if they do the main baddies they wouldn´t have too many space for the rest. If they release Joker, Penguin and Riddler at the same time, which other characters would put in there? If they wanna split the line between good and bad guys, they wouldn´t have Wave 2 only for villains. Will be have an Aunt Harriet figure? :P

As much as I´d like to have a Catwoman with a mask, a Batman with the contaminated cowl or something like that, I´d like to get new characters instead of filling the Wave with the same figures with minor modifications.