UPDATE: FUNKO Says BATMAN ‘66 Wave 2 Out This Summer

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
The Joker

Re: UPDATE: FUNKO Says BATMAN ‘66 Wave 2 Out This Summer

Post by The Joker »

3.75 or 4" figures -- I'd like to see Joker, Penguin, and Riddler of course.
Likewise would love to see a False Face figure (maybe with some type of removable mask?) and a Mad Hatter with pop-up Hat Mesmerizer.

That's five figures -- so to round out the Wave 2 release I suggest George Sanders' Mr. Freeze with removable Freeze Helmet and Freeze Ray Gun. Would be cool to have variant/chase Freeze in red satin smoking jacket with hot/cold climate control box. Mr. Freeze 2 and 3 being out already makes a release of #1 logical.

More obscure choice would be Zelda the Great just to round out Season One villains.

Besides obvious vehicles of Batcycle, Batboat, Batcopter, and Batgirl Cycle I would suggest FalseFace's Truck as it was prominently featured in his episodes and getaways.
jimpagett

Post by jimpagett »

Not sure about falsefaces truck, but that blue van that turns up with both Joker ("Let Gayfellow take you to the Cleaners") and Mad Hatter and others is on my kitbashing list :)
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

jimpagett wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:57 pm Not sure about falsefaces truck, but that blue van that turns up with both Joker ("Let Gayfellow take you to the Cleaners") and Mad Hatter and others is on my kitbashing list :)
That van is also used as the Batchute pick up van.. A. Pennyworth had a whole series of photos on that van one time.
Music. BAT! Music.
The Joker

Post by The Joker »

Yes, the light blue van is another excellent vehicle choice as it saw a lot of airtime in different episodes.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Nice to talk about a wave 2 but it sure be nice if Funko stepped up and gave us a little preview. Pathetic a huge toy show goes by and nothing! NOTHING!! Just a frustrated employee makes a one sentence post on a website.
jimpagett

Post by jimpagett »

I completely agree with you. After statements Funko would make announcements before the end of last year and a back to the wall response months later can make a cash customer frustrated. This kind of behavior comes down from company management not allowing or not knowing what their plans really are. Hope for the best and don't believe a thing you hear until you see the damn things on Ebay.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Any updates yet? Summer is getting very close, makes me think wave two isn't coming!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

FranktheRiddler wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:57 am Fear not citizens word from the CEO of Funko is we are not done with Batman '66.
I happen to be friends with Brian and am always pushing for the line to continue.
Cause I need an Egghead, Bookworm, Mad Hatter, and Archer at least I have told him.
Plus a friend that works in the Marketing Department is a huge Batgirl Fan, so she wants a Batgirl Cycle.
Any updates from your friend?
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Keith Mayo wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:00 pm
FranktheRiddler wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:57 am Fear not citizens word from the CEO of Funko is we are not done with Batman '66.
I happen to be friends with Brian and am always pushing for the line to continue.
Cause I need an Egghead, Bookworm, Mad Hatter, and Archer at least I have told him.
Plus a friend that works in the Marketing Department is a huge Batgirl Fan, so she wants a Batgirl Cycle.
Any updates from your friend?
Cue the crickets.......................................
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I agree Keith. I'd love to know how and why with all this certainty that went on, we now we hear nothing. 7 months ago his comment was made. Did sound promising. :roll:
Music. BAT! Music.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

When this popped back up again today I thought it was a new announcement. Australia is now heading into "this summer"...

Only yesterday, I ordered some spare ReAction parts I need to create a Penguin custom. (My Riddler and Joker were getting lonely.)

Funko Joker by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Just you watch. An announcement of Funko Wave 2 is gonna turn up... probably the day I finish customising Pengy's beak!
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
JWLJN

Post by JWLJN »

Toys opened as they should be. For many reasons I was not even going to collect these. Batman 66 is pretty much the only comic-related license that I have interest in, so when I collected Super Powers etc as a kid, I played them “Dozier” style.

I always envisioned ‘66 as Megos, so I initially did not buy the Mattel figures. I ended up with the entire set (sans Batgirl who I picked up later when she came out) on Amazon dirt cheap one Christmas. Then I picked at the FTC line, as the price point and lack of major characters due to licensing really turned me away. Still, “Ring Around The Riddler” figures were irresistible to me, so I have about 10-12 and still plan on getting a few more.

This brings us to last Christmas when my girlfriend gifted me Tut and Catwoman in the 3 3/4 line. I left them carded with plans to eventually open. At my local toy show I picked up Bookworm, Batgirl, and Preminger for $5 each. Then a few weeks ago I started my umpteenth viewing run of the series, for the first time on a 55 inch screen. This led me to see if the Wallach Freeze had ever come down in price. Found him and Screen Test Batman for $35 shipped as a pair. I decided to order the Batmobile off of Amazon for Robin and here we are.

I opened them all at once and it was a lot of fun. I may display the Batmobile on my TV stand. Like everyone else, I’m hoping someone else picks up the line, but who knows. At the very least it’d be fulfilling if a 3 3/4 inch Penguin, Joker, and Riddler of similar style would come along in some line.

-J\/\/
Attachments
294C1E2A-940E-462C-BDB1-DFA6F2BEDE94.jpeg
294C1E2A-940E-462C-BDB1-DFA6F2BEDE94.jpeg (51.72 KiB) Viewed 11720 times
3DF31151-4625-4825-853E-1035A6D2ED39.jpeg
3DF31151-4625-4825-853E-1035A6D2ED39.jpeg (38.38 KiB) Viewed 11720 times
Therin of Andor

JWLJN wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:53 pm I picked at the FTC line, as the price point and lack of major characters due to licensing really turned me away.
Not quite sure what you mean here. FTC's 8" figures were coming out, usually four at a time, and the only major characters denied to them would be Commissioner Gordon and Aunt Harriet (and Lee Meriwether's Catwoman). It wasn't really obvious until the "Batman '66" comic that a few villains (and Gordon and Harriet) had no licensing permissions.

Only last December we finally got the long-promised 8" Julia and Eartha Catwomen, and then sets of molls and G.O.O.N.s. Hard to believe the FTC line would have such longevity.
Therin of Andor

LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Since this line is dead I am considering selling off all my collection of Wave 1. Any interest? All are carded and I have the batmobile.
Therin of Andor

Where's Penguin? ;)

Where's Penguin? by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Therin of Andor