Making Batpole signs

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Bat-Jay 2018

Making Batpole signs

Post by Bat-Jay 2018 »

It's pretty basic for me as I've done these before but wasn't aware of the sizes.

Does anyone know of the proper measurements?
Batfanman

Re: Making Batpole signs

Post by Batfanman »

Not sure of dimensions but here's a photo of Burt very close to his sign that may help you guess-timate. Maybe 12" x 6"??
Attachments
BATPOLE sign ref.jpg
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Bat-Jay 2018

Post by Bat-Jay 2018 »

:) Thanks buddy!
Will keep Ya'll posted.
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

I took the image and enlarged it, rotated it 2 degrees to straighten the sign, and came up with this:
BATPOLE sign ref.jpg
BATPOLE sign ref.jpg (22.89 KiB) Viewed 6510 times
The size comes out to 451 x 200 pixels, so figure your size ratio as 2.25 to 1 when you do the measurements, i.e. 13.5" x 6". Hope this helps!
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
Bat-Jay 2018

Post by Bat-Jay 2018 »

Thanks chrisbcritter and Batfanman. Just getting the right materials. I still plan on making them but then got inspired to make a kermit puppet. ha ha

Have a blessed day bat-friends!
Jay Rowe
Bat-Jay 2018

Post by Bat-Jay 2018 »

Ok Bat-Friends! Here are these signs. I wanted to wait until I could find something to display them with. In case your wondering I was married the 1st time in which I had to sell all my collectibles to pay bills thanks to a bad married which ended up costly. So I had to start over when things slowed down. I had a few regrets cause I loved my stuff either maid by me or other members. I still have a love for the board btw. Also, most of ya'll know I'm married. I have a beautiful wife and step-son. And they have been a big help to me. Needless to say i'll never again have to sell my stuff. EVER AGAIN!

God Bless
J. Rowe aka Bat-James
Attachments
IMG_20190308_122548.jpg