Best way to store cowl

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
dreddbatfan

Best way to store cowl

Post by dreddbatfan »

I have a cowl and it's just sitting on my shelf but I was wondering what's the best way to store it?Should I put it on a Styrofoam head to keep it's shape or should I use something else?Where's a good place online to order a head form for it?I know to keep it out of the sun so it doesn't fade the material but any other tips would be greatly appreciated.Thanks again to all the Bat-tastic people on here,I really appreciate all your help and advice.
Keith Mayo

Re: Best way to store cowl

Post by Keith Mayo »

I used a homemade hat stand to display mine.

6" circumference piece of wood with a 12" dowel in the center topped with a 3" circumference piece of wood to support the cowl.
Attachments
29872004_2192969584063055_1347371780629134686_o.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Well for storage, I would say a box kept in a safe, dry place away from UV light and stored at around room temperature.

For DISPLAY on the other hand, it's really matter of personal preference. Chuck makes some beautiful options based around his 1:1 bust of Adam's head.

Although i'm yet to upgrade and go down that route, my current cowl is displayed on a generic polystyrene head in a glass cabinet so as to minimize the amount of dust that gathers.

Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Attachments
il_570xN.1079942395_d2uw.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
floatinjoe

Post by floatinjoe »

I made a simple cowl stand using PVC and some felt. Here's a link for my thread with the build in it. It only cost me a few dollars, and I really like how it turned out.

Cowl Display / Bust question

Mike
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

dreddbatfan wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:25 pm I have a cowl and it's just sitting on my shelf but I was wondering what's the best way to store it?Should I put it on a Styrofoam head to keep it's shape or should I use something else?Where's a good place online to order a head form for it?I know to keep it out of the sun so it doesn't fade the material but any other tips would be greatly appreciated.Thanks again to all the Bat-tastic people on here,I really appreciate all your help and advice.
Hobby Lobby has foam heads. You can get a 40% off coupon on there website also to use in store. I have mine on a white foam head and it looks good to me.