1966 Theme Used On Gotham

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Lord Death Man

1966 Theme Used On Gotham

Post by Lord Death Man »

Sorry if this has already been brought up, but the latest episode of "Gotham" uses the 1966 theme. It is being played on stage by one of Batman's major foes (even though there is no real Batman yet) when he takes over a rock concert. You can hear it when a bunch of police cruisers show up outside the venue.
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
Ben Bentley

Re: 1966 Theme Used On Gotham

Post by Ben Bentley »

Interesting to know, but for me I don't think it's enough to tempt me back to "Gotham".

Kudos to you for sticking with that show for this long, your stomach lining is evidently made of much stronger stuff than mine ;)
High C

Post by High C »

Ben Bentley wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:46 am Interesting to know, but for me I don't think it's enough to tempt me back to "Gotham".
This X 1000

Although if they ever came up with a Clancy O'Hara origin story, I might change my mind.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

I'm still watching it which is saying something because I barely watch TV at all now. I was surprised to hear the quick nod to the theme and was especially pleased to finally see the Joker revealed at the end. Things are picking up....
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

Gotham is great. They have done so much with a concept I did not think much of at first, and I really enjoy seeing the backstories and character development, as well as how they have taken story ideas from over the entire history of Batman.
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
High C

Post by High C »

I apologize, but I'm not exactly on board with Riddler and Penguin being in a gay romance.

Sorry, I know that's not politically correct. I have no problem with homosexual characters. But when classic characters are 'reimagined' as being homosexual when they were not before, I'll take a pass. Not for me.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

Except they're not. Riddler was aghast. With Penguin it was more about thinking he had finally found a real friend after years of being hated by everyone.
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
BatMite

Post by BatMite »

Gotham definitely misfires here and there, but it's consistently entertaining. There are also many, many strong points. In the current arc, Scarecrow, Mad Hatter, Mr. Freeze, Firefly, Penguin and the proto-Joker all team up. How can you not enjoy that?
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

High C wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:26 am I apologize, but I'm not exactly on board with Riddler and Penguin being in a gay romance.

Sorry, I know that's not politically correct. I have no problem with homosexual characters. But when classic characters are 'reimagined' as being homosexual when they were not before, I'll take a pass. Not for me.
I don't recall either's sexuality being discussed anywhere before, so why couldn't this be the case (even tho its not, if you actually watched the show you would know that)? The only bit I can even think of is DeVito's version groping and leering at a few women. The 66 versions were loosely implied to be hetero but nothing really concrete.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
blackkeno

Post by blackkeno »

I had DVRed this episode and just watched today. I had to re-run the scene to make sure Imheard it right. Of course I wanted to make sure this board had the news. Although I thought it started weak, I like Gotham. It’s my favorite of current superhero shows on TV. I appreciate the darkness, but it’s a little over the top.