FTC '66 Batcave coming!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
svl

Re: FTC '66 Batcave coming!!!

Post by svl »

I had a Big Jim, but he always took a backseat to my Major Matt Mason. Wish I still had my MMM stuff... :(
greatlakes6

Post by greatlakes6 »

I still have my Best of the West figures, Matt Mason, and Big Jim. Some original GI Joes too. I absolutely love those toys from the late '60's and early '70's.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Major Matt Mason... I remember him well, although I never had any of his stuff. I fondly recall watching this old ad on TV that really set the atmosphere of that time (so to speak) of the Major Matt Mason toy line and inspired all our young imaginations about going out into space (something that seems lost with everyone today :cry: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R99hAG0tgkg
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Any updates on this item? I've been dying to get it!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

I really wish this item would just hurry and come out...
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

allegedly spring for this so it should be soon.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
HFFF1

Post by HFFF1 »

Hello all.

According to the Figures Toy Company website, the 1966 Batcave is now scheduled for a Fall 2018 release. ;)

http://figurestoycompany.com/news.aspx
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Nice!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Awsome! I have been drooling over this item ever since I saw that mego museum post! But where did you get the picture?
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Picture came from the link provided by HFFF1
That playset will be over $100 based on the list of accessories
TV Batcave with entrance
Batcomputer (TMello had it too)
Batsignal (TMello had it too)
Series 1 Batman
Batpoles
Batarang, Bat-cuffs and Bat-Radio

They show a Wayne Manor and a Batcave Exit. I can see a Batcave exit as part of the playset, but I'm not sure about the Wayne Manor part. They said Fall 2018, but likely it will be Summer 2019 like the last batcave playset - and that one was a copy of the Mego set.

Batmobile not included, but that Eaglemoss Batmobile sure would look nice in the cave.

"This is your first look at the Batman Classic TV Series Batcave playset!

FTC's Batman Classic TV Series figures will feel right at home in this new set, based on the visuals seen in the 1966 TV show. The interiors and exterior designs are incrediblyeye catching and details, while features like sliding poles and secret entrances just add to all the excitement you can create! In addition, a new Bat-Signal will help Chief O'Hara and the rest of the GCPD send out the call for help! The new Batcave also includes several other items to get Bat-fans started on the fun, like a Batman figure (from Classic TV Series 1), and Batarang, Bat-Cuffs, and Bat-Radio accessories to help the Caped Crusader capture crooks!

You'll be able to bring the Batcave out from under Wayne Manor and into your home in early Fall 2018, so make sure you're subscribing to the Mego Museum newsletter for future #MMFTCNEWS updates on the Batcave and the rest of the items that are currently in FTC's production pipeline! You can also visit Figures Toy Company to see all the latest releases, or to go back and grab some of the items you still need in your collection! A whole cast of characters from the Batman Classic TV Series are available for you to enjoy with the upcoming Batcave, or you could dive headfirst into FTC"s Hanna Barbera or KISS lines! There's something for all kinds of collectors over at FTC, and you can count on more fantastic figures to keep coming from your favorite retro toymaker!"
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

According to FTC it's shipping Monday and it does come with a Batman figure and several accessories.

If I had a kid I'd be all over this.
Attachments
BATCAVE.jpg
HFFF1

Post by HFFF1 »

I'm still a kid at heart and I will be all over this!
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

It looks as though it’s too small to really go well with the FTC 8” figures. I know oversized figures in smaller playsets and vehicles was Mego’s charm, but I can’t see both Batman and Robin sliding down them Batpoles. This seems like it will fit the Mattel 6” figures or maybe even the Funko 4” figures best. I just wonder if my Mattel Batmobile will fit through the door, it’s bigger than the old Mego car. I’m buying it, hoping it will display well with several of my toylines (FTC, Mattel, Funko)
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

This is an item i've been really excited about for a long time now. Can't wait to receive mine!
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

It’s live on their site NOW for order. $120 bucks + free shipping. I ordered mine early this morning.