"Where have you been, Scott?" A Video Message to the Board

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Scott Sebring
Site Admin

"Where have you been, Scott?" A Video Message to the Board

Post by Scott Sebring »

And a looooooooong word from our sponsor.
I go on and on. Sorry, you have been warned.
But it covers a lot of ground including community, rules and the future of the board.
Jim K, Bat fan

Re: "Where have you been, Scott?" A Video Message to the Board

Post by Jim K, Bat fan »

Hey Scott!

OK - so I watched the video...it wasn't that long, LOL. I sort of felt like we were chatting on the phone - in fact, on occasion I was saying "yeah, I know what you mean' - don't know if you heard me or not...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - you did so in a calm and reassuring manner - keeping it positive - which is what I love about this board.

I hope everyone gives it a watch. And thanks for your efforts in our community.
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

Good talk. :) Thanks for all you do, Scott.
batfan1705

Post by batfan1705 »

Well done, Scott!

In all honesty, this board and yourself were my first contacts in this wonderful world of fandom when I first got it into my head to recreate the Batsuit for myself. I took me almost 3 years to piece together the costume but when it was finished and made my public debut, I was in seventh heaven! Although that was a number of years ago I still enjoy "suiting up" even though I am now in my 60s! If a charity organization wants Batman for an event I will jump into the tights in a flash!

As for the Board, I still enjoy checking it each day to see what new threads or conversations may have come up. If there are questions about the suit or a prop that I am familiar with, I will do my best to offer advice. You just never know who may be the next to join our ranks of Caped Crusaders!

By all means, Scott, it really is all about the FUN! If making public appearances EVER becomes a chore for me it is probably time to start thinking about hanging up the cape and cowl. But all it takes is that one smile, that one hug, or that one hearty handshake from a fan of any age to warm up my heart again!

Carry on, Scott. Keep it fun!
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

I was taking your words to heart until I noticed the video was shot at a Dutch Angle.
Never thought of you as a villain before. :-)
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Extremely heartfelt talk Scott. You know I was very gregarious years ago on the board, but with Andy and others helping me self police myself, I've managed to cool the Batjets quite a bit. Not afraid to admit it here for all to see. Besides, taking a step back from a post I feel like I'll blow up over, Andy's suggestion of using my real name really helps. I know it's not for everyone, but it worked for me.
Say, you know my crazy passion for the Batmusic. Like who doesn't. Well, with your musical gifts and talents along with Wally's, why not recreate all the music from the series? While everyone got the episodes they've been wanting (me included) after so many years, I don't think that many people know we're embroiled in the same legal mess now, but over the music. Anyway, thanks for your patience over the years with me. I think one of the reasons David Sutton just faded away, was because of head strong people like me, and for that, I am truly sorry. Glad you stuck it out. Many more years to come.....and then Ben can take over the mantle.
Music. BAT! Music.
High C

Post by High C »

Good message, Scott. Thanks for all you do. It is appreciated.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Thanks for the honest chat, Scott, and all of the work you (and others) put into this unique board. You covered much, and it was insightful from start to finish.

When you mentioned the early days, sometimes, its weird to recall the period before this board, before the internet was the resource it is today, not communicating with that many '66 fans, and all you could see online were a few blurry photos, and if you were lucky, someone scanned magazine pages covering the show. It was next to nothing, but to '66 fan, I held on because it was exciting to know there were other people into this longtime pleasure.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

This was a really cool vid Scott. As one of the others posted, it really did feel like a phone chat. All I can say is thank you for everything you have done here. You certainly have created a community that has allowed me (as well as many others) to create my beloved 66 suit. I don’t think I could have ever done it without the great people here. For me, it sure has been fun. I hope this can be around for many more years.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Doesn't get better than these kind of authentically heartfelt chats and I treasure the fact that you've gone on to be one of my best friends.

I've got so much love for what we've got here, and the very real value of what it has given to so many of us and what it can continue to be for those who join us in the future. This community has been a huge part of my life for fifteen years and i'm proud to continue to stand watch with you as I have for nine of those already.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Ha- the reason I first came here fifteen years ago (it feels like more) was to find out where I could buy a cowl! The rules are what make this board great. We have enough drama everywhere else on the 'net.
Apologies for anytime I step outside those rules, but this is a great video to watch to remind us of what those rules are.
Thanks Scott and Ben for keeping the peace.
twint9

Post by twint9 »

Well said, Scott. I’m glad to have been part of this group for about 15 years now. Thanks for all your hard work.
floatinjoe

Post by floatinjoe »

Scott,
I'm one of those people that checks in every few weeks or so. You've created a great place to come and visit, and I enjoy each one. I appreciate all that you do, and have done for us.

Mike
zarm106

Post by zarm106 »

Thanks Scott for taking the time to share your thoughts and vision of the forum board with us. I enjoy visiting the site daily for new information. One question though.... are there any plans to organize some of the topics covered over the years for new members in the FAQ section of the site?

i.e. 66 batman show has been released in DVD/bluray...etc; books released on the show; comic books...etc

This way it helps new members identify what material is already out there without having to create a new message to learn about something that has already been addressed in the forum multiple times. I know that I did a lot of digging through old topics when I first found this site and then learned things moving forward. Just a thought.

Other than that I love this site and think that the members on this site are a great group of people. Thanks again for giving us the opportunity to contribute and celebrate what is 66 batman.
johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

I really enjoyed your video message. I've been a member for quite a while now. So glad I found you guys, I try to come on daily. I don't post much but I love to see new things, learn new things, finding out what is coming up in merchandise, etc. And I appreciate the help I have received from other board members. It's a whole lotta fun!