Villians watching the deathtrap in action

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

dell

Villians watching the deathtrap in action

Post by dell »

I just watched the Minstrel episodes and I noticed something interesting. The Minstrel and his gang stay and watch the deathtrap in action. The villians only get distracted by some explosions that Batman set up before the Dynamic Dou were captured and this is what allowed them to escape. But is this the only time that the villians actually intended to stay and watch the demise of the heroes? Were there any others?
dell
Commodore Schmidlapp

Re: Villians watching the deathtrap in action

Post by Commodore Schmidlapp »

Riddler was watching them get turned into human candles, albeit through a periscope in another room.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Well, in the movie, the villains yet again watch them from a periscope in the torpedo scene.

There's also an episode I can't quite place where the moll gets squeamish during a death trap where they were all going to watch and then they leave, but my old brain just cannot place it right now.
Music. BAT! Music.
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Penguin watched on closed circuit TV while Bruce Wayne was going in the furnace in Fine Feathered Finks.
High C

Post by High C »

clavierankh wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:44 pm Penguin watched on closed circuit TV while Bruce Wayne was going in the furnace in Fine Feathered Finks.
Penguin also watched from a window in another room when Batman and Robin were supposedly being suffocated in Batman Makes The Scenes, and then left when he thought they were dead. That was before the script saved them.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

dell wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:21 pm I just watched the Minstrel episodes and I noticed something interesting. The Minstrel and his gang stay and watch the deathtrap in action. The villians only get distracted by some explosions that Batman set up before the Dynamic Dou were captured and this is what allowed them to escape. But is this the only time that the villians actually intended to stay and watch the demise of the heroes? Were there any others?
Off the top of my head:

Batman Stands Pat - In the first Mad Hatter arc, the villain and his gang actively particpated in trying to put the Dynamic Duo in the deathtrap.

Not Yet, He Ain't" - The Penguin watched as he expected Gordon and O'Hara to shoot the concealed Duo.

Batman's Satisfaction - Colonel Gumm participated in the entire deathtrap until Batman and Robin fought their way out of it once freed from the Undetachable Glue Pad.

Scat! Darn Catwoman - Catwoman and Pussycat watched as the drugged Robin nearly set of the giant Bat (rat) trap, until Batman agreed to join Catwoman.

"Batman's Waterloo"- King Tut watched as Batman was submerged in the sarcophagus, and later as his henchmen tried to toss Robin in the vat of boiling oil.

I'm sure there's more.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

In A Death Worse Than Fate, Zelda knits while Aunt Harriet was dangling from a pit of fire.

In Batman Sets the Pace, Jokers hangs around and checks to see if the Duo's been gassed, then freaks out when he realizes they're climbing up to the roof.

In The Yegg Foes in Gotham, Egghead waits around to see which millionaire is Batman.

In The Bird's Last Jest, Penguin and his henchman are hiding as the Duo comes into where artillery is ready to blow them away.