Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by AndyFish »

John Mack wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:41 pm I kinda liked the different color Batmobiles. They remind me of the tin battery operated Batmobiles made by Aoshin in the 60's and 70s.

Btw, found this on line

https://m.gamestop.com/product/collecti ... cadevice=m

Apparently Gamestop has the screen test figure? I just can't seem to figure it out. Looks like CA stores has them?
The Tin Batmobiles were exactly what they were trying to capture-- I love the different colored Batmobiles.
jimpagett

Post by jimpagett »

I only got the blue one, but I did get two.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

I agree with andy, I understood what funko was paying tribute to. I don't really understand why everybody hates the colored batmobile so much, they were fun little exclusives paying tribute to the classic tin toys. I feel people are putting the idea in their heads that if funko didn't make the batmobile that they would have made more figures.
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

1966 Batman is comparatively small market and only a small subset of it wanted the multicolored tin tributes. Pretty sure Funko knew what they could expect sales number wise.
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Keith Mayo wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:48 pm 1966 Batman is comparatively small market and only a small subset of it wanted the multicolored tin tributes. Pretty sure Funko knew what they could expect sales number wise.
Completely agree with you Keith. Their market research is very thorough with access to the fan base at every convention I've attended. I think the whole 66 line including the Batmobiles can be summed up by stating that all are sold out if you try to buy directly from them. To my knowledge, the items you can find in the line are from other places such as Amazon, eBay and possibly Barnes and Noble? I added a link in this thread for Gamestop. So, the line did sell out. Maybe I'm off base with this? If so, I'm sure someone will enlighten me Lol.😀
Music. BAT! Music.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Growing up in the 70’s I have no recollection of multi colored tin Batmobiles. So, no nostalgic feelings toward them or the Funko recreations and no desire to spend $ on them. Now, the Corgi Batmobile on the other hand.......... 8-)
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

I assume if we don't see anything at next months SDCC that it was all a big lie and no wave 2?
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

LizardKing wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:48 pm I assume if we don't see anything at next months SDCC that it was all a big lie and no wave 2?
I'd say if no reveal at SDCC, you'd be correct. But then again, no one sent me a CC on the memo lol.
Music. BAT! Music.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

IMHO no reveal at this year's Toy Fair and nothing at SDCC pretty much says it all. I wonder if they'll remodel the Batcave in the HQ?
jimpagett

Post by jimpagett »

Sigh. Back to the customs
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I'll be on the floor of the show Tuesday and Wednesday before the madness begins and its easier to get across the show floor-- I doubt there will be any product out on Tuesday but there should be indications at the Funko booth if Batman is there in the form of posters or giant figures again. I'll be there the rest of the week too but it's an incredibly difficult show to get through and it's like a 45 minute crawl to get from one area to the other.

I'll report what I see.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Facebook reminded me that I received my Wave 1 figures and Batmobile from eBay exactly a year ago today!
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Spoke with a friend who's connected in the toy business. He said there was a rumor that Funko may have sold their 3.75 '66 Batman line to another company (we can't name - "Joes Garage", Frank Zappa). He mentioned the new company keeping the same packaging and just replacing the Funko name with theirs. There was also talk of the new company's continuation with Wave 2 as a store exclusive. This is all informed conjecture at this point.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Curiouser and curiouser
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I think we are not gonna see anything new from Funko. I also don’t see them selling this line to an outsider either. They would make more money putting it out themselves instead of selling it to another company. Look how much they made off the Batmobile alone. Imagine how much they’d make off a Batgirl Cycle or Batcopter in various colors. Not to mention sneaking new figures in with these vehicles as exclusives. I mean Penguin with a Penguin Batmobile would bring in lots of money for them with very little tooling. Package Joker in with a purple Batmobile, Riddler with a pink Batgirl Cycle. They’d make tons of cash doing things like this. Funko invested so much in the line already, why not just figure out a way to at least finish it with the few remaining major characters (Joker, Penguin, Riddler and Egghead) even as a chase exclusive would be fine.