Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
svl

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by svl »

If they had made money, they would have continued the line. They either broke even, or more likely lost. Unfortunately as 66' fanatics we're too close to the property to fully comprehend how small of a minority we are, and what a micro-niche the property is...
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Many of us are only guessing sales were bad, we don't know that for sure. We guessed the same with Mattel too, yet they put out 2 waves plus a year later a Batgirl and a Batcomputer playset. If sales were that bad why would they have even bothered with the last 2 things? Look how long Diamond Select, Tweeterhead and Figures Toy Company have been running with Batman '66. I like to believe sales are stronger than you think. Funko guy said on Twitter the delay had to do with license issue, he did not say sales were bad. Remember there were about 3 years between Funko 66 Pops wave 1 and 2. We are only a year since Wave 1 came out. Perhaps they were waiting till they had Green Hornet before releasing more? Who knows. I still don't believe sales were that bad. How much 66 stuff has been out by different companies since 2013? 5 years later and we are still getting things. If they wern't selling, 2013-14 would have been it, we wouldn't 5 years later still be seeing new
66 items. Diamond just released 3 new busts and a bank. FTC just released wave 5, henchmen and a Batcave. They are making money.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

We can all conjecture all day long-- but Business 101 if they were making money there would be more products.
I'm willing to bet if they sold the license it went to Super7
They'll be at SDCC too where they are revealing their Universal Monsters line.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Andy,

I think you called it: https://super7.com/
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

rickkrefft wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:53 am I think we are not gonna see anything new from Funko. I also don’t see them selling this line to an outsider either. They would make more money putting it out themselves instead of selling it to another company. Look how much they made off the Batmobile alone. Imagine how much they’d make off a Batgirl Cycle or Batcopter in various colors. Not to mention sneaking new figures in with these vehicles as exclusives. I mean Penguin with a Penguin Batmobile would bring in lots of money for them with very little tooling. Package Joker in with a purple Batmobile, Riddler with a pink Batgirl Cycle. They’d make tons of cash doing things like this. Funko invested so much in the line already, why not just figure out a way to at least finish it with the few remaining major characters (Joker, Penguin, Riddler and Egghead) even as a chase exclusive would be fine.
If that was the case whoever sold them license did so with the intentions they were gonna do something with it and not sit on it.
jimpagett

Post by jimpagett »

Keith Mayo wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:23 pm Spoke with a friend who's connected in the toy business. He said there was a rumor that Funko may have sold their 3.75 '66 Batman line to another company (we can't name - "Joes Garage", Frank Zappa). He mentioned the new company keeping the same packaging and just replacing the Funko name with theirs. There was also talk of the new company's continuation with Wave 2 as a store exclusive. This is all informed conjecture at this point.
I do believe in Fairies! There is a Santa Clause! I could see Super7 picking these up.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Has Super7 picked up Funko lines before Andy? If this is true I hope they keep the articulation and quality the same. Funko guy said on Twitter wave 2 was already sculpted and at the factory, so if he was telling truth wave 2 is already done.
P.N. Gwynn

Post by P.N. Gwynn »

Last night I was feeling particularly crotchety about no info on this. I tweeted at Reis O'Brien that I would donate to a charity of his choice for a real answer. He replied very quickly with what Rick stated above, regarding them being sculpted and at the factory after a delay. He never expressly says they are back at the Funko factory, so I assume they COULD be Super7 now and that's the big holdup, but HOPEFULLY we shall see soon. I will continue to try to tweak for answers... I know I'm annoying, but I want the damn figures.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

You think you're annoying, take a visit to my music thread. Be sure to see my rant from a few days back.

Also, like I stated some posts back, these figures all sold out. The only ones left for sale are third party sellers mostly. I don't think any major retailers or outlets have them beyond possibly Gamestop and what have you.
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Super7 and Funko were once doing work together and then split so this isn't a far fetched thought.
Super7 figures are, in my opinion, much more sturdy than what Funko puts out and I prefer them. BUT they have less articulation. I'd love to see them do a new take on the Adam Batman since I think Funko made him way too doughy and the cowl just looks off-- and of course if they did get the license I'd want to see the line move forward with more figures.

I have much of their output-- Crimson Ghost, Nosferatu, Hitchcock, the Hellboy line, Planet of the Apes-- I think they're great and if this is the case it's good news.

I suspect we'll know in a few weeks with SDCC.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

To give you an idea of what Super7 does, here is their exclusive SDCC pop up shop set of monsters, available at their temporary shop down the street from the show on Friday from 6-midnight.

I think Batman is in good hands (possibly better?) if he ends up with Super7
johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

WOW! I guess these will only be available there? Drat!!
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Szabol wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:36 am Andy,

Batman isn't listed under their licenses tab. Seems it would be there if they will announce at SDCC.
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Keith Mayo wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:45 pm
Szabol wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:36 am Andy,

Batman isn't listed under their licenses tab. Seems it would be there if they will announce at SDCC.
Don't know for sure that they have it, just speculation, but it would not be outside the norm to wait UNTIL San Diego to announce the license.

Regardless, I'll be swinging by the pop up shop for monsters. Love 'em!
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

AndyFish wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:34 pm

Regardless, I'll be swinging by the pop up shop for monsters. Love 'em!
"I like to stop at the Funko Pop Shop". - George Castanza
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11