Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by AndyFish »

Keith Mayo wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:47 pm
AndyFish wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:34 pm

Regardless, I'll be swinging by the pop up shop for monsters. Love 'em!
"I like to stop at the Funko Pop Shop". - George Castanza
Ha!
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

AndyFish wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:17 am To give you an idea of what Super7 does, here is their exclusive SDCC pop up shop set of monsters, available at their temporary shop down the street from the show on Friday from 6-midnight.

I think Batman is in good hands (possibly better?) if he ends up with Super7
Those are sweet! Are they limit 1 per? Can U get extras for any board members? :D
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Don't know if they're limiting purchase numbers, but unfortunately I've already got five people who've asked me to grab them a set if possible and even if there's no limit I would be uncomfortable going above that.

Super7 is much more collector friendly than most other toy companies-- and they usually offer their con exclusives live on their website at the same time. Sign up for their mailing list so you don't miss out.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I still find it odd Funko would be putting out Green Hornet merchandise now and in the same breath sell off their Batman 66 line to another company. I don’t think sales matter as much with Funko as they make the majority off their pop figures. Take Green Hornet, both the single GH pop and the 2 pack with Kato are exclusives produced in low numbers. You know they are gonna do a Green Hornet/Kato figures with Black Beauty at some point, this may be an exclusive as well so again in low numbers. We all know anything Batman will out-sell anything Green Hornet. It just makes more business sense to produce these tie-in series at the same time. I have a feeling wave 2 wasn’t held up because of sales or Batman. I have a feeling it was held up to be released with the Green Hornet/Kato/Black Beauty figures that seem very likely to be coming. Why would Funko bother to buy the GH license just for a couple exclusive pops? I think we are getting figures too. Putting out GH figures with Batman 66 wave 2 just seems like the best marketing to me.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

I'm confused about the super7 monsters! At toy fair they showed off packaging for the mole people and Dracula I think, so I don't think these monsters will be exclusive.
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

These are what they announced as exclusives for the pop up shop they are opening down the street from the con. They are special Day-Glo colors, which I dig, reminds me of the old Ben Cooper Halloween Costumes.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Ok, thanks for the info andy! I was getting really nervous that these characters would be exclusive!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Didn't Funko do a line of movie monsters around 3 years ago?
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

LizardKing wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:08 am Didn't Funko do a line of movie monsters around 3 years ago?
Yes they did indeed do monsters, and I think this may just be super7 trying to make better sculpts and more charecters? I also believe they alone are doing the "reaction" line now
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

THE BATPHONE! wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:22 am
LizardKing wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:08 am Didn't Funko do a line of movie monsters around 3 years ago?
Yes they did indeed do monsters, and I think this may just be super7 trying to make better sculpts and more charecters? I also believe they alone are doing the "reaction" line now
When Funko had the Reaction line they did a set of Universal Monsters; Frankenstein, Dracula, Bride, Creature, Invisible Man, Wolfman and The Mummy. The sculpts were very generic and for me all but The Mummy and the Wolfman were passes. This line looks much better, I'm a big fan of Super7.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Cool packaging. I followed them on Twitter to see if they plan to sell any online.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

AndyFish wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:17 am To give you an idea of what Super7 does, here is their exclusive SDCC pop up shop set of monsters, available at their temporary shop down the street from the show on Friday from 6-midnight.

I think Batman is in good hands (possibly better?) if he ends up with Super7
Being tributes to the Remco Mini Monster line from 1980 (I guess), these are a step up, especially the Creature. I had the Remco Creature back in '80 and thought it was that line's standout. From the looks of the figures in your post, it seems the Creature still comes out on top, with the Metaluna Mutant coming in a close second (oh, if only the Mutant had been produced in 1980..).
Beneath Wayne Manor
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

$15 per figure is the cost on the monsters.
jimpagett

Post by jimpagett »

Wolfie has a pompadore
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

P.N. Gwynn wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:16 pm Last night I was feeling particularly crotchety about no info on this. I tweeted at Reis O'Brien that I would donate to a charity of his choice for a real answer. He replied very quickly with what Rick stated above, regarding them being sculpted and at the factory after a delay. .......

How come in this day and age of marketing toys that we have not seen mock ups, test shots, painted samples , etc yet. How come if they are at the factory we have not heard the line up.

No matter who has the license...by the time something gets to the factory...most of the time there has been an OFFICIAL announcement.