Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by Lou Szabo »

I think the process is not as smooth as product managers would like. So better to wait until either on the water or in hand to make the announcement. If you think back to recent releases in the past 10 years, how many actually hit the shelves when predicted? Tweeterhead, FTC, Mattel, and smaller companies have struggled with announcing too early, and being off by as much as a year.
The flip side of the coin is to gauge interest by announcing early at this type of show (SDCC). Hot Toys is a good example, Factory Entertainment Batcave is another.

Sometime it's just a flop (Eaglemoss Batmobile in a large scale)
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Well just heard from an extremely reliable source that Super7 does not have the license. But-- they are trying to get it.

Personally, I'd be thrilled if it went to them- I think they do a better job with these sized figures than Funko does. I'm not holding my breath for Wave 2 and I doubt there will be anything at SDCC.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Holy Bat License questions, the plot thickens....
So we know the monsters are $15 each, what price point brings pain for 4" figs of the Classic Batman variety?
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Crayfish wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:28 am
P.N. Gwynn wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:16 pm Last night I was feeling particularly crotchety about no info on this. I tweeted at Reis O'Brien that I would donate to a charity of his choice for a real answer. He replied very quickly with what Rick stated above, regarding them being sculpted and at the factory after a delay. .......

How come in this day and age of marketing toys that we have not seen mock ups, test shots, painted samples , etc yet. How come if they are at the factory we have not heard the line up.

No matter who has the license...by the time something gets to the factory...most of the time there has been an OFFICIAL announcement.
This. I saw the tweet from Reis O'Brien where he said they are at the factory after some delay he could not disclose. Nothing adds up here.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

We need a moll
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Szabol wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:43 pmWe need a moll
Molly two pack, one in her regular clothes, one as Robin.
Music. BAT! Music.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Making customs - and sorta hoping that the actual Wave 2 won't duplicate the efforts...

The Sandman Cometh by Ian McLean, on Flickr

The recent Monstarz Michael Rennie spare head ("The Day the Earth Stood Still") makes a great Sandman.

Funko custom TwoFace by Ian McLean, on Flickr

and ReAction's "Star Trek" Kirk makes an obvious Two-Face.

My Funko-style Egghead and Olga customs by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Digging that Sandman. Bravo!
Music. BAT! Music.
Therin of Andor

John Mack wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:51 pm Digging that Sandman. Bravo!
Thank you. I was thrilled when Monstarz offered their twin pack with a spare head that already resembled Michael Rennie! So I get to keep helmeted Klaatu and Gort the robot, and get a new "Batman '66" figure to boot!
Therin of Andor

jimpagett

Post by jimpagett »

That Sandman is great.
Therin of Andor

jimpagett wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:07 am That Sandman is great.
Flocked him!
Therin of Andor

Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

AndyFish wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:27 am Well just heard from an extremely reliable source that Super7 does not have the license. But-- they are trying to get it.

Personally, I'd be thrilled if it went to them- I think they do a better job with these sized figures than Funko does. I'm not holding my breath for Wave 2 and I doubt there will be anything at SDCC.

I am pretty glad that Super7 did not get it because I think the whole way it is set up on these ReAction type figures is that Super7 has to do the less articulated ones and Funko has to articulate theirs...I am not 100% sure on that, but I could have sworn I read that somewhere so that may just be speculation.

What I do know is that I am sure if Super7 had gotten the license, they would not have carried on the same aesthetic as WAVE 1 and I possibly wanted to start over yet again.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

I think if the line is to continue Super7 will be the only option. They don't have knee joints like Funko but they quit after just 1 wave so that is the least of my worries.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

You stay. Mego. 😀
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Crayfish wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:52 am
AndyFish wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:27 am Well just heard from an extremely reliable source that Super7 does not have the license. But-- they are trying to get it.

I am pretty glad that Super7 did not get it because I think the whole way it is set up on these ReAction type figures is that Super7 has to do the less articulated ones and Funko has to articulate theirs...I am not 100% sure on that, but I could have sworn I read that somewhere so that may just be speculation.

What I do know is that I am sure if Super7 had gotten the license, they would not have carried on the same aesthetic as WAVE 1 and I possibly wanted to start over yet again.
Super7 figures have no elbow or knee articulation and the arms don't have ball joints so they only move straight up and down. I'd guess it would be a complete do-over if they got the license. I prefer S7 because the figures are more solid, but I'm not into posing them so I may be in the minority.

Either way, we'll see what happens. I DO know the Super7 team is very excited to get it if they do. That says something.