Batgirl's new costume

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

High C

Re: Batgirl's new costume

Post by High C »

John Mack wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:27 am Hmmm, I thought everything about that movie was looked down upon? Ok.. :lol:
Well, I'd say that on message boards and such, 'golf clap' or 'slow clap' somehow has come to have a less sarcastic meaning, in my experience, as it does in the film.

Off-topic, but as a writer and grammarian, it reminds me of how the original meaning of 'nonplussed,' which is puzzled, has sort of given way to people using it in a different way simply because of the two parts of the word. People apparently are thinking 'nonplussed' should mean 'not moved,' 'not perturbed.' I guess sometimes words and memes take on a life of their own in this internet age.

And don't get me started on the many sportscasters who have combined 'intricate' and 'integral' into a made-up word pronounced as 'intrical.'

Anyway, getting back to the topic, I can't stand the outfit!
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Anyone else notice how's DC's radical redesign concepts have been very slowly - and I mean slowly or reluctantly - creeping back towards the original pre-DiDio & Lee looks? It's like - "You don't like our new designs? Well, then we'll add back this little tidbit?" "No? Sales still aren't up? Then we'll add this other little bit." "Still low sales? Jeez, people, how come you don't like our genius ideas?"

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

John Mack wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:27 am Hmmm, I thought everything about that movie was looked down upon?
It was.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Keith Mayo wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:23 pm
Batman65 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:44 pm Can you say YUCK? Isn’t a “bat character” supposed to have ears? No cowl, no ears. This is god awful!
a

What are these?
Those are not ears, those look like a cheap beauty pageant tiara. Looks cheap and ridiculous. Why do they have to think they have to mess with everything? BGs suit was fine as it was.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

It's not my favorite either, but it sure beats that "Batgirl of Burnside" design by a LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG shot!

I also don't buy comics these days either so I guess I don't really have a dog in this fight either. I agree with Sprang Fan and Andy as well!
Larry