Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
johndeblasi

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by johndeblasi »

At this point I'll take anything '66! The line seems to be dwindling unfortunately.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Thanks Keith. This deserves it's own thread!
Now, if we can beat the scalpers and hoarders to the punch (pun intended). 10,000 a piece sounds like a lot, but it really isn't.

And I wonder how this may affect FTC and their Mego-ish line?
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I love the concept of the "real" Megos returning but they look likey the same bodies that FTC uses which have trouble standing. DC is part of their license, so we'll likely see a Batman and price point wise at $15 for a single figure that's a LOT more reasonable than the going $25-$30 over at FTC.

Still, like Funko (keeping this on topic) I question their choices for Wave 1. I DREAM OF JEANNIE?! I watched it when I was a kid because it was on between THE FLINTSTONES and GILLIGANS ISLAND and in those days of no remote control you just let the TV play but how much demand is there for a line of the show? Ditto starting with Harley Quinn in what looks like a 12" size.

But I'm still glad their back, and being a Target exclusive means they'll be easier to get if you want them.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Maybe, just maybe Mego learned their lesson from the Star Wars debacle and will sell 3.75 figures. Ya never know!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

AndyFish wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:23 am
But I'm still glad their back, and being a Target exclusive means they'll be easier to get if you want them.
I've not had any luck with these stores in Cleveland because the scalpers always get there first. On any given day, I find the stereotypical shark wading through the aisles and there's some app on their phone that tells them the only value by scanning a barcode. They've made it a science. It's like big game hunting with a Howitzer. There should be a Simpson's episode. They hunted TRU into extinction, the comic shops are nearly gone, and now they'll take down the rest of the box stores.

I bought few if any 66 batman items in any store - never in stock until the very end of the run if then. At least TRU wised up and made some available on line with limits to the customer. Target did the same.

I hear Amazon is gearing up to be the next Mega toy store ... their stock surged today.

I'm curious about Action Jackson - didn't FTC use the head for the goons? Probably need to put it under the Henchmen category
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

In the Funko community, those scabs are called "flippers".
I've known about and dealt with scalpers way back in the 90's, but this new breed is RUTHLESS.

Funko announced a Target exclusive Pikachu today and all hell broke loose on the interwebs.
If you shop at Target towards the end of July, better have a security detail with you. :-)
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Landed in San Diego yesterday morning—- this morning I’ll be on the convention floor but everyone is just setting up. Wednesday for certain I will make my way over to the Funko booth and see if there is any representation of Wave II. I’ll also try and make my way to Sideshow to find out about the 1/6 Batmobile. Wednesday is preview night starting at 6 but I have access all day so I should be able to get over there without dealing with crowds.
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

Hope you´ll see something, Andy! No news on the net so far.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Funko Booth is not set up at all— the bones are there but there was no product and no people— so no one to ask. Meanwhile, Sideshow was mostly setup but I didn’t see any Batmobile. The floor is a mess right now and you’re taking your life in your hands trying to walk through it with the machinery.

I will have definite word on Funko tomorrow.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Ok, thanks for all your work to keep us in the know for upcoming '66 releases,andy. fingers crossed there will be something, ANYTHING, regarding wave two!!!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Nothing
P.N. Gwynn

Post by P.N. Gwynn »

AndyFish wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:38 pmNothing
So I guess Reis O'Brien was just getting me off his back again. This is unbelievable...
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Wow, I guess this was the last hope...i am ready to give up on funko right now...
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

P.N. Gwynn wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:50 pm
AndyFish wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:38 pmNothing
So I guess Reis O'Brien was just getting me off his back again. This is unbelievable...
Did you donate to his charity? This has gotten so pathetic that I'm finally over it.