OFFICIAL BATMUSIC THREAD ADD TO IT WHEN YOU WILL

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

John Mack

Re: OFFICIAL BATMUSIC THREAD ADD TO IT WHEN YOU WILL

Post by John Mack »

Blue Meanie wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:49 pm Please give it a go as many of us want to see this material released. The Steve Hoffman site is well moderated (mods are called Gorts) and the wealth of knowledge in music, visual arts, etc. is astounding. It’s a very large forum (forums, fora?) so many people there. I’ll see you over there and back here at the Batcave.
Looks like it's a pay site?? Hmmm...
Music. BAT! Music.
Commodore Schmidlapp

Post by Commodore Schmidlapp »

Perhaps trying to get this music released on CD is the stumbling block?

Unless you are looking for some form of profit for your endeavors, which is of course understandable, rights holders may be apprehensive to work with an outsider.

Many new cars and computers are not equipped with CD players. Whether we like it or not, we are living in a streaming world.

Making music accessible via streaming sites is very easy and extremely affordable, especially when compared to manufacturing discs (and especially something like this which isn't going to sell huge numbers).

If whoever owns the publishing and whoever owns the recordings can come to an agreement, having the music available to be streamed might be a doable alternative.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

John Mack wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:07 pm
Blue Meanie wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:49 pm Please give it a go as many of us want to see this material released. The Steve Hoffman site is well moderated (mods are called Gorts) and the wealth of knowledge in music, visual arts, etc. is astounding. It’s a very large forum (forums, fora?) so many people there. I’ll see you over there and back here at the Batcave.
What? Absolutely not. I don’t know what site you’re viewing or what you’re seeing, but I have never paid a dime and I’m pretty sure most of the 74,000 members (the majority being music fans) haven’t paid either. Bob Furmanek posts over there and I’m sure others on this site do as well. It’s as free as this Batman site.

I only suggested you visit and hopefully post about your quest to get the TV series music released as there are thousands of music lovers, industry insiders, mastering engineers, producers, writers, attorneys, film industry types, fans, etc. that can provide you with advice, guidance, suggestions, etc. and like me, many love the show and the music and want it released.

Best of luck.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Commodore Schmidlapp wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:04 am Perhaps trying to get this music released on CD is the stumbling block?

Unless you are looking for some form of profit for your endeavors, which is of course understandable, rights holders may be apprehensive to work with an outsider.

Many new cars and computers are not equipped with CD players. Whether we like it or not, we are living in a streaming world.

Making music accessible via streaming sites is very easy and extremely affordable, especially when compared to manufacturing discs (and especially something like this which isn't going to sell huge numbers).

If whoever owns the publishing and whoever owns the recordings can come to an agreement, having the music available to be streamed might be a doable alternative.
Nope, not looking for a dime. Lol. I understand about the CD stumbling block...quite possibly. But the music from the series isn't even readily available. It has to be plucked from the masters. That may not be possible. Not even sure if there was a music only track on the film. Good ideas all the way round though.
Music. BAT! Music.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Blue Meanie wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:49 am
John Mack wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:07 pm
What? Absolutely not. I don’t know what site you’re viewing or what you’re seeing, but I have never paid a dime and I’m pretty sure most of the 74,000 members (the majority being music fans) haven’t paid either. Bob Furmanek posts over there and I’m sure others on this site do as well. It’s as free as this Batman site.

I only suggested you visit and hopefully post about your quest to get the TV series music released as there are thousands of music lovers, industry insiders, mastering engineers, producers, writers, attorneys, film industry types, fans, etc. that can provide you with advice, guidance, suggestions, etc. and like me, many love the show and the music and want it released.

Best of luck.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv
Oh ok, when I went on the site I went to "contribute" which I thought was to contribute on the forums lol. This is what popped up, which is understandable.
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-06-28-14-54-10.png
Music. BAT! Music.
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

An update on The Bat Swings!... it reached the top 30 on JazzWeek back in April, but it hit #1 on two independent jazz radio charts (NACC and Roots Music Report). It's not exactly the Billboard chart, but it was cool to see it appearing alongside albums by Van Morrison, Wynton Marsalis, Gregory Porter and a few other big names.

Another cool note: I just discovered that their version of "Holy-Hole-in-The-Doughnut" peaked at #1 on RMR jazz songs and is still in their top 25 after four months on that chart.

Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Burgess Meredith scats as The Penguin.
https://youtu.be/VYGQalQ-bGw
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

If you’re a fan of 1960’s Bat music, you might want to join in on the conversation over at https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ ... 0s.394492/ (Batman records of the 60s!). Just thought y’all might like to know.

Cheers.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Thanks! Fun thread
Music. BAT! Music.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Yeah, it is. Amazing how much Batman related music was put out in the mid-60’s.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

As many of you may have heard, drummer Hal Blaine passed away on March 11 at the age of 90. As a member of the Wrecking Crew, Blaine played over 35,000 sessions and appeared on 6,000 singles. His drumming is featured on 40 number 1 hits by a range of popular artists from The Byrds to Frank Sinatra, as well as on film and television soundtracks.

Blaine was also the drummer on the 1966 Batman Theme. I'm unsure if it's the Neal Hefti 1966 single & LP version, the Nelson Riddle TV soundtrack version, or both. Being it's Hal Blaine, it's probably both.

Here's a great overview of Blaine's storied career.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp1FBfj ... e=youtu.be

RIP Hal.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Hal was the drummer for the Marketts, or "Wrecking Crew" that were the studio players that recorded as The Marketts. A different group of people toured as The Marketts. Carol Kay, the bass player for that studio group told me she hated the name "Wrecking crew" and we're not referred to as that until way later.
Anyway, as to whether he played with Hefti I'm not sure. I've never seen any studio sign in records as to who played with Hefti. Wikipedia has the Ron Hicklin singers the group who sang on the TV theme song, but how they know this is unknown. One of their citations is needed. They probably did.
As for playing with Riddle...doubtful. Riddle had a huge orchestra, but again, anything is possible.
But, yes Hal will be missed. He was a good guy and an outstanding drummer.
Music. BAT! Music.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

John,
Thanks for the clarification. That’s good information.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Blue Meanie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:26 pm John,
Thanks for the clarification. That’s good information.
No problem. I never mean to come off as a know it all, and if I ever do, just tell me and I'll cool it. Glad you took my answer as just an over the top ramble lol. Man, I need a Batnap.
Music. BAT! Music.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Saw this in Books-A-Million today. I didn’t buy it, but thought I’d pass on the info as there may be some record collectors here and it does contain the Neal Hefti Batman Theme.

BAM Exclusive Vinyl - Music of DC Comics Volume 2

The Exclusive Vinyl - Music of DC Comics Volume 2 comes on blue and red vinyl.
Track Listing
1. The Baby From Krypton Intro (from Superman Radio Show) [1940] Bud Collyer
2. What Are You Going To Do When You Are Not Saving the World? (from Man of Steel) [2013] Hans Zimmer
3. Superman Theme (from Ruby-Spears Superman) [1988] John Williams
4. Superman The Animated Series Theme [1996] Shirley Walker
5. The Flying Sequence / Can You Read My Mind? (feat. Margot Kidder) [1978] John Williams
6. Fight Night (from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice) [2016] Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL
7. Batman Theme [1966] Neal Hefti
8. Batman The Animated Series [1996] Danny Elfman
9. The Ballad of Batman (from Batman: The Brave and The Bold) [2002] Dynamic Music Partners feat. John DiMaggio
10. Batman and Robin: Batman Takes Over (Intro) [1949] Mischa Bakaleinikoff
11. Why Do We Fall? (from Dark Knight Rises) [2012] Hans Zimmer
12. Christmas With The Joker / Jingle Bells Batman Smells [1992] Shirley Walker feat. Mark Hamill
13. Joker Is Wild [1966] The Sensational Guitars of Dan and Dale: Sun Ra and the Blues Project
14. Mischief (Harley Quinn’s Theme) [from Infinite Crisis Videogame] [2015] Matthew Harwood
15. Lex Luthor’s Lair [1978] John Williams
16. Penguin Makes Moves (from Gotham) [2015] Graeme Revell and David E. Russo
17. Penguin’s Umbrella [1966] The Sensational Guitars of Dan and Dale: Sun Ra and the Blues Project
18. Challenge of The Super Friends [1978] Hoyt Curtin
19. The Theme of The Justice League of America [1966] Arthur Korb
20. Supergirl Theme [2015] Blake Neely
21. Robin’s Theme [1966] The Sensational Guitars of Dan and Dale: Sun Ra and the Blues Project
22. The Adventures of Superpup [1958] TV Pilot
23. DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Theme [2016] Blake Neely
24. Metamorpho [1966] Arthur Korb
25. Get Your Cape On [2015] Jordyn Kane
26. The Flash TV Series Theme [1990] Danny Elfman
27. The Flash vs Arrow [2014] Blake Neely
28. Wonder Woman [1966] Arthur Korb
29. Wonder Woman TV Series Season 3 Theme [1978] Charles Fox and Norman Gimble

https://www.booksamillion.com/p/BAM-Exc ... 4739537001