Batman leaving MeTV

Post by clavierankh »

Batman is leaving MeTV in September
Attachments
FB_IMG_1534286521677.jpg
batbelfry

Re: Batman leaving MeTV

Post by batbelfry »

Looks like the end of Star Trek as well. I see they're adding Buck Rogers, haven't seen that in ages.

Too bad about the outgoing shows, that was a decent block of stuff.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Well, ME-TV ran the shows into the ground, so they need to add something fresh to the line up...but that horrible Buck Rogers series is not the way to go.
Beneath Wayne Manor
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

It'll be back eventually. Hopefully next time they'll spring for better prints.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

SprangFan wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:18 am It'll be back eventually. Hopefully next time they'll spring for better prints.
On that note, who really watches the TV broadcasts now that the BluRays (or DVD, if you prefer) completely erase the need to ever watch terrible, editied prints on TV again? I understand if some could not afford the box sets, but if that's not a problem, why would anyone want to see such poor--actually hideous prints of the series?
Beneath Wayne Manor
High C

Post by High C »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:50 am
On that note, who really watches the TV broadcasts now that the BluRays (or DVD, if you prefer) completely erase the need to ever watch terrible, edited prints on TV again? I understand if some could not afford the box sets, but if that's not a problem, why would anyone want to see such poor--actually hideous prints of the series?
That's a fair point. I watch The Virginian (and currently the final season reboot, The Men From Shiloh) on Encore Westerns, but that's only because I don't love it enough to get the DVDs and, more important, the eps are uncut and the prints are respectable. It's hard for me to watch a vintage show with scenes edited out.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
FLOYDLEWIS

Post by FLOYDLEWIS »

miss BATMAN or you could just change to the new channel here
includes ALL the star treks
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

I think the main reason I am upset is that there is something special about tuning in to a show on tv, not knowing which episodes will air, and just the excitement of knowing "batman is at eight tonight!" But I guess I will transfer that excitement to the heroes and icons channel now.
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

FLOYDLEWIS wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:59 pm miss BATMAN or you could just change to the new channel here
includes ALL the star treks

Unfortunately, it appears Batman will be removed from Heroes & Icons in September, too.

http://sitcomsonline.com/boards/showthread.php?t=374569

I would agree that it is difficult to watch time compressed, edited, old prints if one owns the Complete
Series, but not everyone has access to DVDs/Blu-Rays or would necessarily like to take the plunge. I am grateful for all of the diginets for keeping classic tv alive, so hopefully they're just resting it. Maybe once it comes back, Fox will prepare a set of prints from the most recent restoration.
FLOYDLEWIS

Post by FLOYDLEWIS »

DRAT...DRAT..DOUBLE DRAT