BAT COWL SHELL! Updated Can SEE IMAGE NOW! lol

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
MYYZTIK

BAT COWL SHELL! Updated Can SEE IMAGE NOW! lol

Post by MYYZTIK »

Hey everyone new to the board but hopefully bring some exciting stuff to you all!
Starting with something Im very excited about! Batman Cowl shell!
I got a good friend of mine to design this for me and we took every shot we could from Williams original shell and based it on that.
Now of course there no official dimensions so I had him base it on the average head size.

Tell me what you guy think! Were 3D printing this now to test and then make a finish Cowl. After this we havent decided what we'll do..guess it all depend on how much interest from you guys and gals!

Tell me what you think! Any thing you think needs to be changed to make it closer to original shell (think it pretty dang close though! lol
MYYZTIK

Re: BAT COWL SHELL! Updated Can SEE IMAGE NOW! lol

Post by MYYZTIK »

Noticed some difference in the nose area making some changes!
ironfist

Post by ironfist »

Looks good! And yes the bridge of the nose actually starts well over the eye holes.
MYYZTIK

Post by MYYZTIK »

ironfist wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:54 pm Looks good! And yes the bridge of the nose actually starts well over the eye holes.
Yep changes being made as I type this! lol
lenny54

Post by lenny54 »

Guys It Looks Realy Great !! If You Do Cowls ?? I Am In Please Keep Me Up To Date
MYYZTIK

Post by MYYZTIK »

So here's the newest update on the shell. I still think it needs a few more tweaks but nothing major. But even now I think this be a great shell for cowl!

Yeah me and my designer buddy (I have great ideas he brings them to life the we both make them materialize!!) will first make our own. Then we show all you guys and if there is interest heck yeah we make some!
We find it a big compliment that people want something that really just a personal project from some 3d printing nerds that love 66!

If you have any suggestions let me know!
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Or you can get one from the guy that sculpted the original... Accept no substitutes...
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
MYYZTIK

Post by MYYZTIK »

Again Chuck as I mentioned on the facebook group we have no plans of selling these anytime soon as we have gone back to the drawing board to get closer to the original and may never ever sell them. That was never our plan.
As I also mentioned Id hope you be please that you inspired people to do there own thing based on your work, as for us it a matter of us being fans...not who making what(We all know you make the best cowls and patterns.)
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

I don't have a problem with you making a shell, lots of folks have. I have a problem when my work is used by folks so casually like they are talking about the original parts. This photo is one of hundreds that shows what I did to find out about the cowl. It cost thousands to go and do the work myself. To have someone on Facebook just casually offer up what took me years to do, like it's nothing, burns me up. I share plenty with this community, happily, but I don't care to see what I do taken so much for granted...
Attachments
DSC_24 (2).JPG
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Okay. Both have spoken. No more rebuttals or debate about this publicly on the board. Do not even respond to my post about this.
Moving along...