RETURN TO THE BATCAVE movie

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

FLOYDLEWIS

RETURN TO THE BATCAVE movie

Post by FLOYDLEWIS »

produced by DAWN WELLS...and is fun to watch..Burt Ward said they left out how he and Bruce Lee were Sparring Partners..and the batmobile did not come out of the batcave super fast..it was done slow and simply undercranked the camera

see it HERE
Kamdan

Re: RETURN TO THE BATCAVE movie

Post by Kamdan »

Yes, a lot of liberties were taken. A big glaring one is why a costumed Adam West was needed for the Bronson Canyon scenes.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Kamdan wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:48 am Yes, a lot of liberties were taken. A big glaring one is why a costumed Adam West was needed for the Bronson Canyon scenes.
You wanted to see the stand-ins instead?
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

I enjoyed the movie, not as a historical documentary, but just as something classic-bat related on a Saturday night! Enjoyable, but I would not put everything shown in it as fact...
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

FLOYDLEWIS wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:58 pm produced by DAWN WELLS...and is fun to watch..Burt Ward said they left out how he and Bruce Lee were Sparring Partners..
That no one seems to recall but him.

I thought it was great. A miracle it was ever produced. The Adam/Bruce Wayne clothes were fantastic! ***admin edit***

The actor doing Adam was fine. I saw him in a commercial after that, then never again! Looking online, "Return ... " appears to be his last acting gig. That's unfortunate. He seemed to have put in a lot of effort, probably with some assumption this would be a springboard to a film or TV career. I wish it had worked out for him.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Movies/2003/ ... atman.html
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!