Theories?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

mattman

Theories?

Post by mattman »

Hi guys.

Thinking of posting some new fiction of the 66 show and wondered if any of you had theories for certain occurrences.

Firstly, it is just fun.
Secondly, it is a tv series but here goes:

A fellow writer offered me an example: Matt( as Mattman isnt my real name, surprisingly) what if Zelda and Olga were twin sisters seperated at birth? Could they collaborate in the future?

So what do you think? Too out there?
What theories do you guys have?
Was the Astin Riddler really False Face?( I actually did include that in my fiction)
Thoughts?
Ben Bentley

Re: Theories?

Post by Ben Bentley »

The Zelda/Olga idea is fun for sure. As we saw in the case of Liberace, the show was not opposed to the idea of one actor playing two villains within an episode.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Ben Bentley wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:15 pm The Zelda/Olga idea is fun for sure.
I had noticed that both Zelda and Olga seem to favour orange/red clothing the same colour as their hair.

I did love the suggestion by the comic that Clock King and Mad Hatter were brothers.

As for missing obvious adventures, I would love a better story with Tim Herbert's Killer Moth, and a Barbara Gordon vs Bookworm is an adventure waiting to happen.

Also a return of Dr Cassandra and Cabala. In the actors' likenesses.
(But check out this Scott Kowalchuk thread for a direction eventually not taken by the '66 comic series:
https://boards.fireden.net/co/thread/83802251/ )

It gave an interesting reveal on Nora Clavicle's secret origins, and promised an entwined "League of Shadows" adventure with Bane, Puzzler, Lola Lasagna, Ra's Al Ghul, Cabala... but made Dr Cassandra into an African American.

http://scottkowalchuk.blogspot.com/2016 ... adows.html
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
BAT 77

Post by BAT 77 »

Would love to see fanfic that features all three Catwomen (not counting the recent animated feature).

Also think a team-up between Marsha, Minerva and Siren would be interesting. Maybe throw in Black Widow as well.
BAT 77 - My '70s Batman Childhood
Subscribe to the Podcast at http://bat77.libsyn.com
Visit me on Facebook.com/bat77podcast
mattman

Post by mattman »

Thanks for the ideas and likes so far guys.

BAT 77 regarding the female foe team- ups I am currently working on something similar.
In terms of the 3 Catwomen, yep, I also began considering that notion just a few days ago. Great minds!

Therin, great thread re: Villains
I once wrote a story involving a new villain, the Woodlouse ( see my avatar) , who is the Bookworm's cousin. Will try to find the thread.

Yes, the Anne Baxters did like orange, good point- looks like I will do something with that.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

BAT 77 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:59 pm Would love to see fanfic that features all three Catwomen (not counting the recent animated feature).
When the second animated movie ("Batman vs Two-Face") came out, I assumed it would be a sequel to the first one, but it happens much earlier, with an opening montage establishing a series of Two-Face altercations over months/years. Black cat Hecate, name dropped in the "Batman '66" movie, appears - and then there's the switcheroo between Newmar and Meriwether, which seemingly places it just before the "Batman '66" movie. ;)

The crossover comic mini-series with "Wonder Woman" does an interesting job with the three Catwomen. It opens with Eartha's version, then Lee's (adding a tail to the costume) turns up, then Julie's. No explanations are given, although they are working with Ra's Al Ghul, so I was expecting a connection with the Lazarus Pit might be established. But it seems that the writers leave it up to readers to make their own interpretations.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Hecate appears in the comics of the late 40s.
mattman

Post by mattman »

Holy Triplicate!
I just watched Batman v Two-Face and found the explanation of the 2nd Catwoman pretty clever.
mattman

Post by mattman »

Another theory?
When Tut discovers Bruce Wayne is Batman in I'll Be a Mummy's Uncle he receives a blow to the head, becomes McElroy again and forgets. But what if he becomes Tut again? Surely he will remember?
After all, he did spot the blow up Batman mannequin in the cabinet
mattman

Post by mattman »

Why was Alfred so trustworthy?
He knew 3 secret identities and yet was the most discreet human in the history of the planet.

I guess that's us English for you.
(Though I did like the Animated Series take that he once was a secret agent for HM govt).