Snap kit Batmobile finished sans Batbeam

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
John Mack

Snap kit Batmobile finished sans Batbeam

Post by John Mack »

I've managed to spend some time on the Polar Lights snap kit Batmobile. I repainted the Batman figure a deeper blue. Looks like I have some touching up to do with gray lol.
Attachments
rps20181018_214956.jpg
rps20181018_215043.jpg
Music. BAT! Music.
Batman65

Re: Snap kit Batmobile coming along

Post by Batman65 »

Looking good so far. Painting that small stuff definitely takes patience, and of course the right size brush helps also. I am sure it will look fantastic when you are done.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Batman65 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:33 am Looking good so far. Painting that small stuff definitely takes patience, and of course the right size brush helps also. I am sure it will look fantastic when you are done.
Thanks, I'm just having fun. Takes my mind off things after work (which is usually 5am). Yeah, I'm using a brush with practically one bristle on it lol. Problem is, my hands aren't as steady as they used to be. I may just leave it. It really can't be noticed to the average distance. I used my zoom feature for the photo.
Music. BAT! Music.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

It sounds like you have the same job stress as I do. That’s why I play my guitars and run my trains.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Batman65 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:32 pm It sounds like you have the same job stress as I do. That’s why I play my guitars and run my trains.
Yeah, I work the OTHER 9-5 lol. I have several guitars and used to play, but we're in an apartment now. Used to have a huge Lionel layout years ago too.
Music. BAT! Music.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

John Mack wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:56 pm
Batman65 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:32 pm It sounds like you have the same job stress as I do. That’s why I play my guitars and run my trains.
Yeah, I work the OTHER 9-5 lol. I have several guitars and used to play, but we're in an apartment now. Used to have a huge Lionel layout years ago too.
Yep, I have 7 guitars and still,play myself. I’m also president of the NEW O Gaugers in Green Bay, which is why I can totally appreciate the attention that you put into the detail on the interior of this batmobile. The hardest thing, at least for me is the patience. I always want it done now..lol it just takes time and a few deep breaths. Your car will look great.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Thanks. Yep, the temptation is to just put it all together and be done. While there are minimal painting instructions, they were no means all I did.
Music. BAT! Music.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

So, here's the finished product. Can anyone of you tell me what's missing? Hint, it's on the outside of the car, and if anyone happens to have a spare one (why, I don't know lol) lmk. I'll probably have to contact Round2.
Attachments
rps20181107_225025.jpg
rps20181107_225109.jpg
rps20181107_225134.jpg
rps20181107_225156.jpg
rps20181107_225235.jpg
Music. BAT! Music.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

The car looks fantastic John, but then again, we all knew it would..lol. It Looks like you might be missing a side view mirror?
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Good guess, but nope. It wasn't supplied. There are three pictures that show it missing.
The Batbeam! Cracked when I was putting it on.
Music. BAT! Music.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Nice work!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

THE BATPHONE! wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:22 pm Nice work!
Thanks. Now I have to get a Batbeam.
Music. BAT! Music.
vintagematt

Re: Snap kit Batmobile finished sans Batbeam

Post by vintagematt »

I would really like it if more models were made of villain cars in the series, instead of just the conventional batmobile, I would love to see the parachute pickup van, or jokermobile, if only companies would make one...
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

THE BATPHONE! wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:57 pm I would really like it if more models were made of villain cars in the series, instead of just the conventional batmobile, I would love to see the parachute pickup van, or jokermobile, if only companies would make one...
Well, you can buy them in just their regular state, and paint em up. I believe that the van was used in many different situations, including the parachute pick up vehicle was a Dodge A-100? Have to check on that though. But yeah, the vehicle False Face used is also a kit I think by Revell? A. Penny worth would have the info I'll bet.
Music. BAT! Music.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Thanks! I think I may just have to do that...