Happy Birthday Cleo Patrick!!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Catfan

Happy Birthday Cleo Patrick!!

Post by Catfan »

Marianna Hill, who played King Tut's henchwoman Cleo Patrick in the second season, has a birthday today! Born Mariana Schwarzkopf on 9 February 1941 in Santa Barbara, California, she went on to play Fredo Corlenone's wife in 1974's The Godfather, Part II. She is also related to the late Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf. Have a great day, Ms. Hill!
exm

Re: Happy Birthday Cleo Patrick!!

Post by exm »

That's what I call multiple claims to fame!

Not many Bat-stars appeared in projects that matched the critical acclaim of Godfather II
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

Actually, another moll, Julie Gregg, was in the first Godfather as Sandra Corleone, so there's some symmetry there!

Marianna's relationship to General Schwarzkopf was first cousin, I believe. Her uncle, and the General's father, was the lead investigator in the Lindbergh baby kidnapping case.

While I think Marianna had better performances in some of her other guest shots I always liked the fact that in "Batman" she had a "before/after" moment costuming wise being seen first as the bespectacled secretary and then in her Egyptian attire.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Happy Birthday!!
LittleLouisGroovy

Post by LittleLouisGroovy »

Marianna Hill appeared in the 1965 Howard Hawks film, RED LINE 7000, with another Bat-villain moll -- Gail "Miss Bacon" Hire. Although Hawks is a revered director, RL7000 is widely considered to be his weakest film. (It's a personal favorite of mine.) Adding to the Bat-connections, Teri Garr appears as a dancing waitress, James "Skip" Ward (one of the Joker's goons in the surfing episode) plays the race car driver who is involved with both Marianna and Gail, and Norman Alden (another Joker goon from another episode) appears as the manager of a racing team.

Marianna fans should also check out her bizarre performance in the 1973 film, THE BABY.