Diecast (Hot Wheels, Corgi, Matchbox, etc.) appreciation thread

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
greatlakes6

Re: Diecast (Hot Wheels, Corgi, Matchbox, etc.) appreciation thread

Post by greatlakes6 »

Thanks for the link Keith.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Here’s the 1/64 Johnny Lightning Batmobile. This is one of 6 or 8 classic comic book based vehicles. Sine we’re posting non-66 based vehicles in this scale, we might as well include this one. It will need some red trim
Attachments
4969033F-8A95-43C5-A5DF-18AD0D39D776.jpeg
4969033F-8A95-43C5-A5DF-18AD0D39D776.jpeg (28.82 KiB) Viewed 17135 times
4D30F022-61A5-481C-BCC4-0EF7BC1BA09E.jpeg
4D30F022-61A5-481C-BCC4-0EF7BC1BA09E.jpeg (28.9 KiB) Viewed 17135 times
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

New in the HW 2019 D case is the gun metal colored Justice League Batmobile with yellow / gold rims and window. This one is 5 of 5 in the Batman series and the remaining three haven’t been shown yet. Hoping for another ‘66 Batmobile, but HW has been doing that Batmobile every other year, so may not see another ‘66 until 2020.

TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

It's not easy being a nerd. At work, on my right monitor stand are a few Hot Wheels. They are back lit from a light in the hallway. Gives them a bit of dramatic shadowing, as I keep my blinds drawn and my overhead lights off (glare on the screens).

My issue has been the left monitor stand. It's so dark I could hardly see the two Batmobiles. I came up with a fix. We all have a three-arm LED desk light. Three swiveled sticks that are positionable in a myriad of ways. I moved mine behind my monitors and pretzeled the thing in such a way that it's directly above the cars, but out of sight, and shinning onto the back of the monitor from about an inch away.

It doesn't shine on the cars directly, but on the lowest setting the scattered light drops onto them. Totally a Batcave feel. Now my two favorites are my two best-presented. In the second pic, I turned it up to show how it's setup. It's normally at the dimmest setting.

The way it looks in the top picture is how it looks from where I sit.

“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

I like the lighting set up. It really shows the Batmobiles nicely.
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Blue Meanie wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:15 pm New in the HW 2019 D case is the gun metal colored Justice League Batmobile with yellow / gold rims and window. This one is 5 of 5 in the Batman series and the remaining three haven’t been shown yet. Hoping for another ‘66 Batmobile, but HW has been doing that Batmobile every other year, so may not see another ‘66 until 2020.

I haven’t seen either Affleck film so I’m not familia with that Batmobile, but that’s one of the better looking in a while. Digging the gold accents.
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Yeah, I still haven’t watched the Affleck or Bale films and I don’t really like the “tank” Batmobiles. But, I agree that this one looks like something I’ll pick up if I find it.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

From https://orangetrackdiecast.com

New Hot Wheels 2019 Batman Vehicles series at Walmart.

Unfortunately, no ‘66 Batmobile this time around, but a new Batman Vehicles series appears to be headed to Walmart as a 2019 rendition has hit at a few Walmart’s as of last night. They appear to be on the same style card art as the 2018 series, but 5 of the 6 vehicles are different castings, and the only repeat (#’89 Batmobile) is chromed out. Also noteworthy is the Gotham City Police Department (GCPD) ’11 Dodge Charger R/T from the 2016 Batman v Superman 5-Pack appears to have been redone for this series.

2019 Batman Vehicles Series

’11 Dodge Charger R/T (Batman v Superman)
Batmobile (Batman v Superman)
The Bat (The Dark Knight Rises)
Batman Live Batmobile (Batman Live)
’89 Batmobile (Batman (1989))
The Batman Batmobile (The Batman TV Series (2004-2008))
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Dude!!! I’m all over looking for that The Batman car! Awesome! I’m out riding all day tomorrow. I know I’ll pass at least one Walmart.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

I hope you find it. There are roughly 6 Walmart’s in my area and only one carried the 2018 series. So, it’s hit and miss with their distribution.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

This chrome ‘89 Batmobile is one I have to find......

This is part of the Batman 2019 series and a Walmart Exclusive set. The 1989 is my second favorite Batmobile, after the ‘66 of course.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

From https://hotwheelscollectors.mattel.com/ ... ne-streets the list of 2019 Mainlines has been released and yes, the 1966 Batmobile is included. Not sure if it’ll have a color variant like 2018’s blue version. They usually change something up from year to year so collectors will buy ‘em. So far we’ve seen 2 of the five released, the “2019” Batmobile (blue, new casting) and the JL Batmobile. I believe we’ll see the “2019” Batmobile also released in black. Here’s the list:

Batman: The Animated Series
Batmobile
Classic TV Series Batmobile
The Dark Knight Batmobile
Justice League Batmobile
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

365FC57B-98A4-4769-821B-C68086CAF6AD.jpeg
I picked up the blue animated Batmobile at Target. That Spidermobile is showing up in various scales now too.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

I like the blue Batmobiles. Nice change.
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

For me, the blue version of the Animated Seriies Batmobile is my second favorite Hot Wheels. It’s a midnight blue that matches the way the car looked in the show. I like the wheels more than the black one also. I’ll pick up a black if I ever come across it, but I’ll buy every blue one I come across.