BATMAN New Year's Marathon on IFC

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

batbelfry

BATMAN New Year's Marathon on IFC

Post by batbelfry »

Hi all-

Looks like the IFC channel is running a big Batman marathon beginning at Midnight on New Year's Eve!

According to my Directv onscreen guide, they're starting from Hey Diddle Riddle and moving on from there.

The marathon runs all the way until 6pm Tuesday evening.

So watch the ball drop, pop your champagne, and then ring in 2019 with some Bat Binging!!
chrisbcritter

Re: BATMAN New Year's Marathon on IFC

Post by chrisbcritter »

Got the DVR ready to go - let's see if they're the restored ones.
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
greatlakes6

Post by greatlakes6 »

Thanks for the heads up. Even though I have the series on Blu-ray, I still watch it whenever it is on regular tv.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

This will be cool, but unfortunately, I'm not much of a night owl, so I will have to start at about 6:00 in the morning! :D
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

The entire first season is being shown:

https://www.ifc.com/schedule
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

If you go the link below, the Roku channel, the entire series is there. Watch it on your smart phone FREE! Join free.

Roku channel link
https://therokuchannel.roku.com/details ... e0G/batman
Music. BAT! Music.
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

They’re currently on The Joker Goes To School.

“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

I had it on for a while this morning. Yep, they are still running the old washed out prints. No HD. Oh well. Still fun.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

I don't mind the beat up prints. I have this nostalgic feeling whenever I watch tv broadcasts, because these washed out prints are how I first saw batman as a kid!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

I didn't mind the old prints in the least. I like our box sets and watch them regularly, but they are at the limit for my desire for clear and intense color. They're bordering on over saturation and over sharpened. It's the same reason I wont be buying the Blu-rays of Batman: The Animated Series. That much saturation and clarity , for me, can be a distraction.
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
cammy85

Post by cammy85 »

The Animated Series isn't in HD either, but it has been remastered well. Makes me wish I had a Blu-ray player when the 66 series came out on Blu-ray. The DVDs are still good, even with their 1.0 sound. At least the sound comes through all speakers on my laptop's surround sound.
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

For those who have been streaming episodes, have any of the services restored the "next week's villain" bumpers to their correct spots?

I can understand why they wouldn't reproduce the Blu Ray discs for that, but it *seems* easy enough to fix on digital presentations.