1965 BAT preview

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

FLOYDLEWIS

1965 BAT preview

Post by FLOYDLEWIS »

so you were up , waiting for the cartoons to start one Saturday morning in 1965 ...and suddenly you were a kid with a mission ..to see THIS
clavierankh

Re: 1965 BAT preview

Post by clavierankh »

Great video!
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Yeah, I can see this scene playing out in households around the country: "Dad, I need to stay up and watch that Batman show when it comes on! And you need to go buy a color TV!"

This is a great promo, but it really shows how much difference music can make. The scenes with no music, and the fight scene with archived music, really show what a contribution Nelson Riddle made. Although I kind of like the scene in the Go-Go club, with our hero doing to Batusi to what sounds like "In With The In-Crowd" by the Ramsey Lewis Trio. I wonder if that's the music they played on set, because it sure seems to fit the action.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Was this on TV or a promo sent to media to promote the show?
FLOYDLEWIS

Post by FLOYDLEWIS »

I myself saw it on Saturday morning TV .. black and white ..color TV was not affordable ..but by the time you could see this preview ..the last season of black and white TV shows was over
maniac cop 5

Post by maniac cop 5 »

Wow! They ripped off some of the Peter Gunn soundtrack in the first part of the promo.
Bob Furmanek

Post by Bob Furmanek »

There are a lot of different cuts in that video and his line ordering the orange juice is the original track recorded on set. In the final show, it's looped in post.