Just a few things about the movie

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

dell

Just a few things about the movie

Post by dell »

Did you think that Batman was uncharacteristically rude during the press conference concerning the missing yacht?

Cute thing #1: Vice Admiral Fangschliester’s whistling the Navy song while looking through his Rolodex. And pretty much everything he says during that scene. “Avast and belay!”

Cute thing #2: The Riddler cackling “I know the perfect victim! I know the perfect victim! I know the perfect victim!” during the scene when the villians are discussing their revised plan to get Batman and Robin.

Cute thing #3: Did you ever notice how the president seems to take some of the credit for the rehydration of the diplomats. The Commissioner speaking to the president, “Success, success, they’ve done it, they’ve done it!” becomes “Success, success, we’ve done it, we’ve done it!” from the president.

Oops! During the final submarine scene Catwoman pushes Batman into the water with the conning tower on her left. When she is seen strutting around on deck immediately afterwards she is somehow on the other side of the conning tower; it is now on her right.
dell
Commodore Schmidlapp

Re: Just a few things about the movie

Post by Commodore Schmidlapp »

If he was uncharacteristically rude, it was because of his sense that they were about to have their hands full with super-criminals.

And in the days before Twitter, the press was always trying to bait leaders into a paper-selling quote. Like Nellie Majors would later do.

Batman was very concerned but wanted to put forth a sense of ease, and that the events of the day weren't that big of a deal, so the public wouldn't freak out.

And there are lots of cute things in the movie. I like when they are putting the dehydrated Guinea Pigs in vials and Penguin mutters "Careful, everyone of them has a mother."
High C

Re: Just a few things about the movie

Post by High C »

dell wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:19 am Did you think that Batman was uncharacteristically rude during the press conference concerning the missing yacht?

Oops! During the final submarine scene Catwoman pushes Batman into the water with the conning tower on her left. When she is seen strutting around on deck immediately afterwards she is somehow on the other side of the conning tower; it is now on her right.
Nice catch on the continuity error. I never noticed that. FWIW, I don't like the fact CW as a character seems unconcerned about her cat's welfare in that scene, honestly. If you're making her out to be someone who fancies herself a cat, she wouldn't be so nonchalant about a fellow feline, if you will.

He was rude to all the male reporters, yes, but not rude to one particular female reporter. :D

So yeah, now that you mention it, it doesn't quite look right that he blows off the guys in the media but gives extra time to an attractive female reporter! But, as he said later, 'man does not not live by crimefighting alone.'
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17