New Mezco Figure

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
PDpuck16

New Mezco Figure

Post by PDpuck16 »

AndyFish

Re: New Mezco Figure

Post by AndyFish »

Great that there is something new, disappointing that it's not one of Mezco's terrific 1:12 Figures (think Hot Toys half size- half price).
svl

Post by svl »

Didn't think I'd dig it, but I do. Been trying not to bring anything more into the Cave, but this one may have to be an exception...
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

When I saw the thread title, I was so excited because I thought it was a one: 12 collective figure... :cry:! But it’s still a cool figure, I’m surprised how good the likeness is!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

Copy that. It’s a very cool looking toy, and I will probably buy one for the shelf, but it would be great to get a One:12 version. This show is perfectly suited to that format.
To The Batpoles!

Post by To The Batpoles! »

LOVE IT!!! MUST HAVE!!! ;)

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

That...is deeply disturbing. :?
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Man, that is almost terrifying. Great likeness and detail on the costume, but weirdly presented.
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Reminds of of the Mad magazine take on Batsman I like it!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Stylized yes, kinda cool? I think so. I think...
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Just as a point of inquiry I have to ask what is the obsession of these toy companies over the last number of years with the cutesy, oversized balloon heads on the figures?
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Yellow Oval wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:18 am Just as a point of inquiry I have to ask what is the obsession of these toy companies over the last number of years with the cutesy, oversized balloon heads on the figures?
$$$$$
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I'm with Keith-- I think the question is why do collectors have an obsession with them? If people weren't buying them they wouldn't make more.

The sculpt is great and its nice that they didn't feel the need to make him fat for some reason, like Hot Toys did.

I think the "Dad" body is what killed the Funko 3 3/4 line. I'm a Dad and I'm not built like a pile of dough, and neither was Adam in his prime during the show.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I dunno guys. Sorry to say I'm not as quick to be enamored with this as some of you. My first impression is that it's creepy. Second impression is why not make it look normal? I'm not a fan of these big headed figures. So.....I dunno.
Music. BAT! Music.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

John Mack wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:06 pm I dunno guys. Sorry to say I'm not as quick to be enamored with this as some of you. My first impression is that it's creepy. Second impression is why not make it look normal? I'm not a fan of these big headed figures. So.....I dunno.
Why not? It seems that the reason is for companies to make as many scales and styles as possible, with the hope that there are some fans who will buy absolutely anything based on the '66 series. So...$$$$$.

Personally, I like move and TV-based toys on the more realistic side (e.g. Hot Toys, accurate die-cast items or well sculpted models), so its easy to pass over stuff like this.
Beneath Wayne Manor