General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BAT 77

BAT 77 Episode #08 - The Dark Mite Trilogy

Post by BAT 77 »

CHUG!
CHUG!
#08 The Dark Mite Trilogy.png (259.69 KiB) Viewed 1828 times
We conclude our look back at the 1977 Filmation Series, “The New Adventures of Batman” (featuring the voices of Adam West and Burt Ward) as the Caped Crusaders and a fearsome foursome of villains get mixed up with Zarbor, an alien from Bat-Mite’s dimension. JB reviews “Have An Evil Day” (Parts 1 & 2) and “This Looks Like a Job for Bat-Mite”.

SHOW LINK - http://bat77.libsyn.com/08-the-dark-mite-trilogy

NOTE: As I will soon be diverting from Batman material featuring Adam and Burt for the time being, I will be posting about future episodes of the podcast in the Off-Topic section. My next round of episodes will be featuring the Power Records Batman stories.
BAT 77 - My '70s Batman Childhood
Subscribe to the Podcast at http://bat77.libsyn.com
Visit me on Facebook.com/bat77podcast
gothosmansion

Re: BAT 77 Episode #08 - The Dark Mite Trilogy

Post by gothosmansion »

Hi JB,

Sorry to be so late posting, but this has been a busy week.

Maybe its because I'm from the south, but every guy my age that I know lists Smokey and the Bandit among his favorite movies...as such, the Joker's CB conversation was my favorite part of the episode. Heck, it was one of my favorite parts of the whole 77 Batman filmation series. Is it wrong that after that I want to see Buford T. Justice chasing the Joker? I think the Joker would have too much fun tormenting Buford to kill him. On the other hand, I do think Batman would make pretty short work of the Bandit. As cool as Bandit's Trans-Am was, it was no Batmobile. Plus a lot of the 70s comic book Batmobiles bore a slight resemblance to the Corvettes of the era and the Corvette was THE most beautiful car of the 70s.

As for the rest of the episodes....well, Zarbor was definitely my least favorite antagonist, and we got way too much Bat-Mite. I'm with you that Batman and Robin were turned evil too often in two few episodes. I'm thinking the writers needed to read a few more comics and get some better ideas.

Oh, and for your question about Batman returning to his home planet/dimension. I figure he was probably staying on earth, trying to dream up new ways to woo Batgirl. If I had magic powers, that's what I would be doing. Was that TMI? :D

Chug looks awfully familiar to me, and not just because I saw this episode a gazillion times in the late 70s early 80s. Do any of you who are more familiar with Filmation know if his design was used on another series?

Have you recorded your episode on "The Scarecrow's Mirage" Power Record yet? If not, PM me and I have some information for you. If you've already recorded, I'll post in in the comments after you do the episode.