Quick Question - Name of a recent Batman spoof?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Frenchy1939

Quick Question - Name of a recent Batman spoof?

Post by Frenchy1939 »

I watched parts of a Batman / Adam West spoof / parody a while back. They showed Adam being really into putting on the Batman costume, while Burt was having trouble...Burt was star struck by Frank Gorshin, Batgirl was there...

I didn’t see the whole thing and can’t for the life of me remember what it was called.

Anybody remember what that was?
vintagematt

Re: Quick Question - Name of a recent Batman spoof?

Post by vintagematt »

Could it be "Return to the Batcave", a made for tv biopic from the early 2000s?
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
Frenchy1939

Post by Frenchy1939 »

THE BATPHONE! wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:49 pm Could it be "Return to the Batcave", a made for tv biopic from the early 2000s?
Yeah, that’s it! Thank you!

I saw part of it a while back, kinda didn’t like the way they were depicting Adam West, and didn’t finish it. I’ve lightened up a little since then...and I also just discovered Adam and Burt are in it. Wow, how’d I miss this one?

Thanks again.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Frenchy1939 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:03 pm
THE BATPHONE! wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:49 pm Could it be "Return to the Batcave", a made for tv biopic from the early 2000s?
Yeah, that’s it! Thank you!

I saw part of it a while back, kinda didn’t like the way they were depicting Adam West, and didn’t finish it. I’ve lightened up a little since then...and I also just discovered Adam and Burt are in it. Wow, how’d I miss this one?

Thanks again.
Life probably got in the way back then. It was produced by Dawn Wells (Mary Ann from Gillian's Island) and our very own Wally Wingert made the costuming.

http://www.wallyontheweb.com/batman/batcave.php

Not only Adam and Burt are in it, but Frank Gorshin and Julie Newmar. What I didn't like about it was back then, they didn't have the rights to use clips from the show, only the movie. If it had been done in 2013 with rights issues SORT OF being solved, it may have been better. The reason I say sort of, is because the music rights are still not resolved, which is why we have no definitive soundtrack release and why such silly products such as the "Batusi Batman" figure uses some royalty free lame music instead of Nelson Riddle's tune from the series. I knew when that was released, the rights issues were not completely solved.
Music. BAT! Music.
Frenchy1939

Post by Frenchy1939 »

I watched it in its entirety last night. Very entertaining! A few years ago, I believe I only saw the scene on YouTube where Adam was groping Yvonne and dismissed the whole thing. I didn’t realize Adam and Burt were in it!
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Yep. Lee Meriwether was in it too. Here's the Google page for the cast:

https://www.google.com/search?q=return+ ... F-8#wgvs=e
Music. BAT! Music.